Now that we finally know what's up with blackberry, I still have one question popping every two seconds in my mind.
    The fact that the Priv is android means that it has a lot more apps , although.. To me, it doesn't solve BB10's app gap issue. Question is, what about us who don't want android but still need some apps that are only available upon presence of google play services?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 05:57 PM
    You want apps, then get the Priv or other Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:10 PM
    If you need apps with google play services you will have to get the Priv. The Priv isn't meant to solve the BB10 app gap, it is meant to solve the Blackberry hardware problem..
    app_Developer and JeepBB like this.
    09-26-15 06:13 PM
    You want apps, then get the Priv or other Android.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

This is the reality of the "choice" presented by Chen on Friday.

Anyone who prefers BB10 (with Hub etc), and can live with the hit & miss App experience provided by the Android RT, can stick with their current BB10 device and will be supported in their choice by occasional OS updates.

Those who want a richer App experience, can move to a full Google Android device and gain access to the Play Store. Chen is hoping that people choosing this option will consider the Priv above other Android devices due to the inclusion of the BlackBerry Experience Suite which will overlay comforting BB10-like aspects onto Android.

Great to have choices, isn't it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-27-15 07:42 AM
    Question is, what about us who don't want android but still need some apps that are only available upon presence of google play services?
    Try the not guaranteed workarounds available already, or suck it up and get the Priv/another Android phone.
    09-27-15 02:27 PM
    Now that we finally know what's up with blackberry, I still have one question popping every two seconds in my mind.
    The fact that the Priv is android means that it has a lot more apps , although.. To me, it doesn't solve BB10's app gap issue. Question is, what about us who don't want android but still need some apps that are only available upon presence of google play services?

Posted via CB10
    Going android was the solution to the app gap. Blackberry is not going to do anything more for bb10 in this regard and probably will remove the android runtime in 10.3.3. Reality is a harsh mistress but there it is.
    09-27-15 02:46 PM
    Aren't their Android apps that can be downloaded that provide something similar to the Hub? I know someone posted an Android app that allows swipe features. Maybe the things you may miss on BlackBerry can be approximated on the Priv. . .

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd prefer a BB10 phone with sufficient (native) app choice too, probably many of us would, but as this is not available, you're gonna have to choose what's more important to you. BB10 or apps?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:10 PM
    I'd prefer a BB10 phone with sufficient (native) app choice too, probably many of us would, but as this is not available, you're gonna have to choose what's more important to you. BB10 or apps?

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying we are going to have to choose whether we "want to get things done?" Seems ironic.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:12 PM
    Bye bye Blackberry. BB10 is the best OS available. If I want an Android phone I'll buy a proper one! Kid's apps don't appeal to a business user (which most apps are). Why not try the make Blackberry cool again? Does Blackberry even have a Sales & Marketing department? I see no evidence.

Cross, sad and resigned to the end of Blackberry phones. It is only on course to be a B2B software company.

Stuart

Posted via CB10
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-27-15 03:16 PM
    Are you saying we are going to have to choose whether we "want to get things done?" Seems ironic.

Posted via CB10
    If you can only get things done on BB10 and if you don't need apps to get your things done, then yes.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:25 PM
    When BB10 comes to an end.. and my Classic wil die one day.... " hello Ubuntu phone " no f*cking way I go back to Android.

And maybe just buying this phone:

BB10 & Android-iur.jpg

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    09-27-15 03:25 PM
    If you can only get things done on BB10 and if you don't need apps to get your things done, then yes.

Posted via CB10
    It was a joke. People always use that quote to say why BlackBerry is superior.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:29 PM
    The Priv makes the BB10 app gap much worse because not only do developers now know that app-needing Blackberrians can make a choice for Android, there is not much chance of any new BB10 flagship that will stem the decline of the user base. Whether paid or not, all developers want users. As a developer why should I do extra work just because you like BB10 more than apps?
    09-27-15 03:33 PM
    It was a joke. People always use that quote to say why BlackBerry is superior.

Posted via CB10
    I see I wasn't sure because so many here are in fact saying that.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 03:42 PM
    I see I wasn't sure because so many here are in fact saying that.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's because there are some of us who feel like we get more done on plain Vanilla BB10 with the included native apps than we can on either the Android or the iOS platforms.

I use my phone 99% for Web browsing and communications. I prefer a laptop or desktop for most work. 99% of mobile apps are gimpy compared to real software applications or websites, so it takes longer to get work done on mobile than it does to boot up a computer. The exception is phone. Email, IM, notes, tasks, calendar, etc...which are the core BB10 native apps.

To each his own, but IMO mobile apps are currently fashionable but very often overrated.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 12:49 PM
    Those of us who want that sadly have no options :/

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 01:01 PM
    Bye bye Blackberry. BB10 is the best OS available. If I want an Android phone I'll buy a proper one! Kid's apps don't appeal to a business user (which most apps are). Why not try the make Blackberry cool again? Does Blackberry even have a Sales & Marketing department? I see no evidence.

Cross, sad and resigned to the end of Blackberry phones. It is only on course to be a B2B software company.

Stuart

Posted via CB10
    Bye bye

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-28-15 01:16 PM
    The Priv makes the BB10 app gap much worse because not only do developers now know that app-needing Blackberrians can make a choice for Android, there is not much chance of any new BB10 flagship that will stem the decline of the user base. Whether paid or not, all developers want users. As a developer why should I do extra work just because you like BB10 more than apps?
    That ship sailed last year. It isn't some sudden revelation that you will reach more people if you develop for Android / IOS. If you're making apps as a hobby then you do as you please. If it's putting food on the table, you don't devote much time to an OS with 0.3% marketshare.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-28-15 01:20 PM