Okay, as everyone has pretty beaten the horse down to the ground by now, BB10 will have 4G LTE, at least for the carriers in your area that have the antennas. However, Singapore, where I live, has just decided to offer that service now that they have finally gotten some antennas up (not very many but enough to service corporate office districts and other select areas).

Problem is: I don't have an upgrade ready for 4G LTE in my current contract, at least on the exact release dates of BB10's leadoff products, so it leads me to worry about how I'm going to make this all work. Very likely I'm going to get unlocked versions of the phones but I got no 4G LTE, cause I'm pretty much locked out from a contract change or upgrade...

I think, reading the fair amount of posts here, that these concerns aren't trollish at all, and everyone here knows I don't make very many of these...
    08-17-12 12:51 AM
    4G LTE should be backwards compatible with 3G/HSPA+/EDGE/etc...
    08-17-12 12:53 AM
    4G LTE should be backwards compatible with 3G/HSPA+/EDGE/etc...
    Yeah, but I want 4G LTE. I might not get a contract change by the time BB10 hits. I could get a new contract though but there's no way I am going to overburden myself over this...
    08-17-12 12:55 AM
    How much more expensive is the LTE data plan?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    08-17-12 01:09 AM
    Wow that sucks! Maybe they will have some new plans for current 3G users to switch to 4G later on, when 4G phones have officially taken over 3G.

All you have to do in HK is go your carrier (1010 for me) and tell them to change your 3G card to a 4G card. Its totally free of charge too!
    08-17-12 01:44 AM
    4G - SingTel

Basically I have to sign a new plan up with my carrier, and I figure that would be slightly higher rates. I seriously would think those people who are looking to upgrade to a BB10 phone are better off doing it when their contract's liable for an upgrade...

Unless one already has a 4G enabled SIM, they are going to have to wait awhile before upgrading...unless you absolutely can live with 3G on a 4G phone, getting BB10 unlocked is going to take some hassle...
    08-17-12 01:58 AM
    Wow that sucks! Maybe they will have some new plans for current 3G users to switch to 4G later on, when 4G phones have officially taken over 3G.

All you have to do in HK is go your carrier (1010 for me) and tell them to change your 3G card to a 4G card. Its totally free of charge too!
    That sucks, yeah! I would have planned an upgrade for around that time...if I had known sooner.
    08-17-12 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD