And, that has just recently been invalidated in Russia... Google ordered to stop anti-competitive Android practices in Russia | The Verge
    Because they are the worldwide leader in "fair and balanced!" I wouldn't hold your breath.
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    10-07-15 11:21 AM
    Because they are the worldwide leader in "fair and balanced!" I wouldn't hold your breath.
    As the rest of my post mentioned, they aren't the only ones looking this hard at Google. Russia may have ulterior motives - their own in-county search company - but they are setting a precedent.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 12:39 PM
    Is bb10 android runtime an example of android being "forked"

Posted via CB10
    How dare you use logic and rational thinking lol

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    10-07-15 01:34 PM
    And, that has just recently been invalidated in Russia... Google ordered to stop anti-competitive Android practices in Russia | The Verge
    They haven't invalidated anything as they have no authority over Google and the OHA's business model. They're basically just trying to strong-arm Google, and Google will likely just tell them to get bent. Mainly because Google doesn't want Yandex piggy-backing on their services. Really, what can the Russian government do? Ban shipments and manufacturing of OHA devices in country? Like that would go over well with their smartphone using populace.

If Russia wants Yandex front and center, then they're welcome to download and use the AOSP and build their own version. It's not like it's hidden away anywhere, it's free, and they're more than welcome to it. Boohoo if they can't have the Play Store. They don't have any right to it.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 10-07-15 at 03:07 PM.
    10-07-15 02:53 PM
    They haven't invalidated anything as they have no authority over Google and the OHA's business model. They're basically just trying to strong-arm Google, and Google will likely just tell them to get bent. Mainly because Google doesn't want Yandex piggy-backing on their services. Really, what can the Russian government do? Ban shipments and manufacturing of OHA devices in country? Like that would go over well with their smartphone using populace.

If Russia wants Yandex front and center, then they're welcome to download and use the AOSP and build their own version. It's not like it's hidden away anywhere, it's free, and they're more than welcome to it. Boohoo if they can't have the Play Store. They don't have any right to it.
    I wouldn't put it past them! China, Russia, India, Pakistan and more could very easily shut off shipments.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 07:40 PM
    As the rest of my post mentioned, they aren't the only ones looking this hard at Google. Russia may have ulterior motives - their own in-county search company - but they are setting a precedent.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe even if they did, it will take a couple of years and make absolutely no difference to BB10 which has been put in the deep-freezer.
    10-08-15 12:59 PM
31 12