Has anyone else heard of RIM coming out with a watch that works like a phone?
    11-18-09 07:11 PM
    You know, my sister mentioned hearing something about this to me the other day. I'm inclined to believe that this is just a rumor, as the watch phone I saw on BGR a few months back was very stripped feature-wise, and extremely expensive. And I'm pretty sure its the only one that's in production and available from a carrier. That being said, I think we're a few years away from RIM being able to accomplish squishing one of our beloved BB's into a watch form factor, and without sacrificing any major features and requiring a 2nd mortgage to afford.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:32 AM
    Check out the front page/blog. The watch story was on there a couple of weeks ago, along with photos.
    11-19-09 06:46 AM
    It will cost 1000.00 or more dollars....
    11-19-09 07:17 AM
    they said it was in the $160 range
    11-19-09 09:28 AM
    yeah there was. Watch in the homepage a couple of weeks ago but I believe that you could not make calls through it. Just read emails . Calendar contacts. Samsung and Sony had ones but for same in Japan. I'm sure you can find some in eBay or something. As for BB connectivity. Highly doubt it

11-19-09 11:22 AM

First Images: BlackBerry Watch is FOR REAL! | CrackBerry.com

The intent of the watch isn't to replace using your BlackBerry to view messages. Rather, it's for those occassions when your BlackBerry is tucked away - while in a meeting, while driving, or while you're out for a bike ride and you feel it vibrating in your camelback. When you get that impulse to stop what you're doing and pull out your BlackBerry, now you can quickly glance over at your inPulse and decide if you need to pull out your BlackBerry to address that message now or if it can wait fifteen minutes you're free.
    11-19-09 12:06 PM
    Lol, wow, I don't think I could sport a bb watch. I had a calculator watch when I was 7 and thought it was cool, but no way do I feel the need for such a device, let alone a bb msg phone, on my wrist as an adult.

11-19-09 01:36 PM
    Breitling > BB watch
    11-19-09 02:51 PM
    Breitling > BB watch
    lol thank you Capt. Obvious
    11-20-09 12:32 PM
    Di*k Tracy 2way Wrist radio = BB watch
    11-21-09 01:40 PM
    been reading about it myself but not sure if its just speculation at this point.
    11-22-09 03:40 PM
    I heard rumos about this, idk if I'll get it though.
    11-23-09 11:28 AM
    it's coming in feb, last i heard. i will be getting it day 1. i keep my bb in my pocket and to be able to glance at my watch during meetings, the car, etc...to check the message is very cool.
    11-23-09 01:01 PM
    I already reserved a copy of this watch so when it launches i'll be one of the few to get it first. Compared to other watches that are mainly for fashion, i believe in my opinion this watch will be the most useful. Syncing with my BlackBerry via bluetooth to be able to view messages, calendar reminders, tasks etc is very helpful especially when I'm driving for long periods of time, eating or just to busy to pick up my Tour and check what it is. I welcome this device and just hope there will not be any quirks that cause glitches to either side when connecting via bluetooth.
    11-23-09 01:35 PM
    Lol, wow, I don't think I could sport a bb watch. I had a calculator watch when I was 7 and thought it was cool, but no way do I feel the need for such a device, let alone a bb msg phone, on my wrist as an adult.

Did you even take a gander at what the message directly below the image says. "Not meant tp replace your bb, or does not actually show messages it just kinda tells you who they are frome and any other notices without having to pull out the device(in class, work, meetings, at the movies etc.) So I personally think its good. Its priced I $149 and you can pre order it for Feb 2010. Its like the nixon dictator watch except with a purpose haha ill definately be getting one.

11-24-09 01:42 AM
    It will be made by a thrird party and not by RIM.
    11-25-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD