It seems like there is a lot of hype and such circling the iPhone. I also see tons of apps for it and it also seems more versatile than the BB. Why doesn't the BB seem to compare to the iPhone? Is anyone making the switch? Why should I stick with BB? Don't get me wrong, I love my phone, but the iPhone seems to offer so much more.
    03-04-09 11:13 AM
    Make up your own mind. If you want to go with the iPhone, why not go for it?

I love your question, "why should I stick with BB?" Who cares? Are you really looking for someone to convince you otherwise?

Geez...
    03-04-09 11:23 AM
    I'm not asking for your approval to move to an iPhone or for someone to convince me to switch from one brand of phone to another. What I'm basically asking is for a breakdown comparison between the two because I see so much hype around the iPhone. What makes one better than the other? Opening up a dialogue for discussion is what I'm looking for. But if all I can get is a snide remark from people like you, then I'll just keep my comments to myself.

GEEZ......
    03-04-09 11:28 AM
    Lol, We're not preachers, we're faithful users. Please don't ask us questions that you've already made your mind up on...

If you want the iPhone because it's oh so special, then that's your opinion and the decision is made.
    03-04-09 11:30 AM
    This is where no one is understanding me. I am a faithful user. I simply want to know what makes the iPhone so worthy of all the hype. That's it. I'm not asking for anything else!
    03-04-09 11:31 AM
    Go on gsmarena or a fellow site and just compare the two. Read reviews, search for "BB vs. iPhone", you'll get LOTS of answers.
    03-04-09 11:32 AM
    First you need to decide what your smartphone should do for you. Then you need to compare like with like - comparing BlackBerry and iPhone is like comparing oranges and lemons.

Then ask an iPhone user to copy and paste that into a picture message Wait for the embarrassed silence

Are most of the iPhone apps any good? Can I drink iBeer? Does the lightsabre destroy speed traps? What do you need that iPhone can do but your Pearl (even an almost obsolete 8100) can't do?
    03-04-09 11:32 AM
    Compare phones - GSMArena.com

There you are. Clean and simple gsm arena comparison...
    03-04-09 11:36 AM
    You should make the decision yourself. If I told you to stick with your Pearl instead of switching to an iPhone, what could I say that would stop you from getting caught up in the iPhone "hype"?

Could I say that the BB has about 1000 applications that create a "fart" sound or help you calculate the tip at a restaurant (by the way, it's a customary 15%, or simply double the tax...), like the iPhone? No.

But I can say that the e-mailing and messaging capabilities on the BB are far superior to that of the iPhone. Truly a business minded piece of equipment and not a toy.

For stats on each, you just need to go online. But it's already crystal clear that like the millions of other "sheeple" impressed by bright lights and loud noises, you have been bitten by the iBug.
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 03-04-09 at 11:43 AM.
    03-04-09 11:38 AM
    You will get snide remarks to this question because it seems to be asked several times a day. Go to Phonescoop.com and do a side by side comparison of the two.

All I'll say is that having a lot of hype doesn't necessarily make something good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 11:39 AM
    First like someone mentioned above you need to know exactly what you like to do with your phone. You need to know what your comparing between each device. My brother has a iPhone 2G and he loves it but to me its just all looks. It def DOES NOT have the same functionality IMO as a Blackberry. Granted there are some nice features on the iPhone but one thing it doesnt have is cut & paste which is huge for me. I wouldnt let anyone make the decision for you but i really dont think the iPhone has anything over a BB what so ever. Yes that is my opinion but i am a faithful Blackberry user and will never own anything else.
    03-04-09 11:42 AM
    blackberry is an all around better PDA whereas the iphone looks nicer and it more fun.
    THe iphone DOES NOT work with microsoft outlook. If you use an isp email the iphone is not for you. Gmail, hotmail, yahoo - then the email works.
    03-04-09 11:47 AM
    As an owner of both... I wouldn't go back to the iPhone... ever.

Dropped calls, crashes and DRM all suck... The apps are great, albeit some are really expensive and don't do all that much. The sound quality on the iPhone sucks... the touchscreen being the only way to do anything on the phone sucks. Non-user replaceable battery? Sucks... "Genius" support? Sucks...

I did like the fact that I could carry 16GB of music on my phone... wait... I can do that with my Bold... hmm...

Make up your own mind...
    03-04-09 11:48 AM
    Alright I'll fess up
    I've played with the iphones and thought "man, that's pretty cool"
    But at the end of the day, after that glass slab, nice UI, flipping and all, I'm bored with it
    What's more I can't type decently, can't copy paste and come on, u have to jail break!
    I have to get a phone and break it out of jail to get nice apps??
    Apple has to censor the apps I want?

Last of all, I don't want to be any bloke down the street
    In fact, the guy in front of me in the queue, the dude in the subway and heck, even my secretaries use an iphone
    And so many posers with the iphone, going "oooh my iphone is so cool" or
    "Oooh my iphone changed my life"
    And I'm thinking wow lots of pple down the street have the same "life changing catalyst"
    Not cool

Let's keep it classy

That's my take
    Don't flame me!!

03-04-09 11:48 AM
    Oh yeah... I forgot some things...

Copy/Paste... I didn't think these were important until I actually could do it again...

Forwarding SMS... Again... wasn't important until I realized that it's easier to hit the forward button and enter the number or contacts than to try to figure out how to forward an SMS through the iPhone, or type the thing back out.

Keyboard... really? Do I need to explain this one?

Safari... again... a new instance for every link? REALLY?!

I don't dislike the iPhone... really I don't... but then again... I don't think it's worth the price just to be one of the many iSheep out there...
    03-04-09 11:52 AM
    Multitasking is one of the other features I like about my BB. I'll have JiveTalk loaded and be chatting with my friend using Palringo on his iPhone. I can go to my browser, look something up and copy/paste the link to him so he can see.

Of course, he has to exit Palringo to use the browser, or other applications, then log back on to chat again.

There are some really interesting apps beign made for the iPhone. I might have even gone with one if it wasn't for some ofthe limited functionality.
    03-04-09 12:00 PM
    I'm not asking for your approval to move to an iPhone or for someone to convince me to switch from one brand of phone to another. What I'm basically asking is for a breakdown comparison between the two because I see so much hype around the iPhone. What makes one better than the other? Opening up a dialogue for discussion is what I'm looking for. But if all I can get is a snide remark from people like you, then I'll just keep my comments to myself.

GEEZ......
    Its that way only in the U.S. because in other parts of the world the IPhone is not cutting the mustard. I believe the true question should be the demographics of the users. I would think than you will find IPhone is used more by Generation X versus the baby boomer generation. And because the Generation X is here now, the applications are marketed in that way. This is not to say one generation is better, it's just marketing people know what sells. There is no need IMO to ask what they use them for because that has been covered in the past on this site. Is this what you are looking for?
    03-04-09 12:00 PM
    Play with them both...decide which one u like the best...then PIN me to discuss ur findings ;D , I kid - do ur own research then decide which is best for u as an individual - it's the best way, I would say generally bb users are of the more serious variety, whilst iphone users are more entertainment / recreational based, bb's are for some iphones for others - 'variety is the fruit of life' and all that lol, *steps off soap box* so I'd say keep up the research before deciding,I for one, as u can tell, believe that serious people need serious hardware in their pocket @ all times ;D

03-04-09 12:55 PM
    The iPhone does work with isp-based email, it DOES have c/p, albeit via a 3rd party application available by JailBreaking.

It syncs seamlessly with Macs, unlike the BB.

They're both good phones, but different. Your ultimate choice will depend on just how you plan on using the phone(s).
    03-04-09 01:10 PM
    I tend to think that comparing the iphone and the BB are like comparing apples and oranges. That's just me. There were some interesting things about the iphone, but I just got the itouch for those things and still always have my BB in hand. IMO, of course
    03-04-09 01:57 PM
    I think Jon4lakers summed it up best in one of his videos. He said, if your main thing is browsing and entertainment then the iphone is for you. If your main thing is email, text and other data type stuff then the BB is for you. I can add with the BB you still get good media, and ok browsing.
    03-04-09 02:02 PM
    Just a simple answer for the TS. U can turn ur phone into the things that u like.
    If u r talking about the features, bb could be a music player, video etc etc...
    If u want ur iphone to be ur email server.. It could also be 1. Depending on how u understand and managed to set up ur phone.
    Another simple solution to your q, just buy boght, try it out. Get what u like, then sell it back. Simple..

03-04-09 02:24 PM
    I will say that I just came over from the iPhone and I can say that unless you want to buy a phone that you will have to jailbreak to make it work go ahead and get the iPhone. If you do not want to be able to Fw messages and only be able to e-mail one picture at a tile and not be able to attach files to an e-mail and are not able to picture txt and not have a flash like on the BB Bold man I could go on for days really. In my option you should stay with the BB but that is just me. I really did like my iPhone but I just got tired of having to download apps to make my phone do what I think a phone should be able to do when you buy it. I believe that it is all personal preference.

Good luck.
    03-04-09 02:42 PM
    Yay, another BB or iPhone thread.
    03-04-09 03:00 PM
    I just switched from the Iphone to the BB couple of days ago, and I'll advice you to try the Iphone before you buy it. The sound quality is terrible, lots of missed calls, no mms and many other things.

The way I see it, the iPhone is a cool gadget. The blackberry is a cool phone.

I loved my apps on my iphone, I used to kill hours playing games. But as a phone it was less than desirable.
    03-04-09 03:08 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD