Does anyone know if the Visor Mount Speakerphone work if you have XM satelitte radio?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 09:15 PM
    You would need to have a FM radio. It only does the FM frequencies. I have one and it works pretty good. You can have it auto select a channel by turning on the FM transmitter and then holding the Volume UP button till it says searching. If you want to manually search you can press the Volume Down button and it will go down in the FM dial by one channel.

I love the unit though.
    07-08-09 09:08 AM
    The reason that I posed the question concerns the FM transmitter that we used to have the audio from our portable DVD player to brodcast in the car through the FM stations but it would come through with static due to what I believe is due to XM satelitte radio.

07-09-09 09:04 PM
    The satellite radio shouldn't interfere with the FM radio. How did you determine this?
    07-09-09 09:10 PM
    I think what he means is that some XM radio car mounts transmit via FM to your car's antenna rather than connecting with a cable.

I had one such unit, I can't answer your question about the Bluetooth unit, but if you have a front aux input (think IPOD)on your car stereo, you can connect the XM directly via cable and turn off the FM transmitter. This helps sound quality immensely as well as stops the every 100 mile frequency searches on long trips....

Off topic, but you can get the FM signal about 30 ft from your car, in a Jeep anyway, so any FM radios in the vicinity can tune into the XM broadcast on your chosen frequency.
    Last edited by Dr_Strangelove; 07-10-09 at 12:47 AM. Reason: clarity
    07-10-09 12:42 AM
    My car has an XM satellite radio receiver built into the car's audio system. When we used an FM transmitter to broadcast movie audio from a portable DVD player, there was a ringing noise that accompanied the movie audio broadcasting on an FM station.
    07-10-09 07:05 PM
    I'll leave it to those who know these systems better, but if the XM is built in to the reciever, it shouldn't interfere with a portable FM transmitter at all.

07-10-09 09:32 PM
    I hate to ask this but since the speakerphone is available on CB, it is compatible with US Bold devices? On the official RIM site, under US accessories, it is listed as "Coming Soon".
    07-13-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD