Just curious if anyone at the Inauguration is having trouble with service. In particular Verizon customers. With 2 million plus people there this will be a good test of the cellular companies.
    01-20-09 10:24 AM
    I'm in Philly and my data is painfully slow. I can barely watch the TV coverage thru my slingbox. My office internet is mega slow too!
    01-20-09 10:59 AM
    Mine has been REALLY slow with the BB browser. Opera is running fine though. Am I right in thinking that the BB browser goes through different data channels than Opera?
    01-20-09 01:39 PM
    Yes, data has been affected for most of the Washington DC/Baltimore area, they are saying Voice is getting very bad in DC as well. Many of my users are having issues.
    01-20-09 01:41 PM
    I'm on VZW in Northern Virginia in the DC area with no data problems. Haven't tried phone. Which causes me to wonder� how localized are service issues due to heavy usage? I'm 20 miles out of DC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 02:00 PM
    There are hundreds of towers in the DC area, but The Mall area should be absolutely mobbed but past that...

There are hundreds of thousands to millions of additional people in MD and NoVa so that may be causing the issues.
    01-20-09 02:02 PM
    Yeah all over TV, they said i guess the police want to lower the usage, but i doubt that, with the number of camera phones out there
    01-20-09 02:07 PM
    In Annapolis here, AT&T BB browser is workin speedy for me at this time. Can't comment on phones, however.
    01-20-09 02:09 PM
    Yeah, just the camera phones and forwarding pictures...I've received a few would sure slow things down!
    01-20-09 02:10 PM
    Msg was a little slow, wasn't really on-line much. Gotta preserve battery life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 02:11 PM
    I think that explains my delayed Verizon TXT issues. Thanks..
    01-20-09 02:13 PM
    Mine has been REALLY slow with the BB browser. Opera is running fine though. Am I right in thinking that the BB browser goes through different data channels than Opera?
    I am not sure of this answer, however i did a check of the Internet and something tells me they are separate. I say this because one of the reviews states you can WIFI using Opera and not have a data package.

By the way, thank you all who replied to my question.
    01-20-09 02:27 PM
    Still can't send TXT.
    01-20-09 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD