Ok, I'm livid and I don't know what to do (or think)..

I'm on Rogers, and for the past month or so, the mini usb is shaking.
    I didn't do anything to break it, I always take good care of my phones, especially my BB. I put it on my laptop with it's original usb cable to charge it, and that's it! No abuse..

The sad thing is that we don't have insurance here, like my BF, he's on Alltel, and his BB wouldn't charge anymore.. all he had to do is call and they sent him a new BB!
    Me? There's nothing they can't do (so they say...) and they gave me some RIM phone number and I apparently need to pay for service.

Apparently it's cosmetic, and it's "for the look" so, my phone is not broken enough for them to replace it.
    I only bought it a few months ago..

So, my question is.. Is a broken/shaking mini usb plug cosmetic or not?
    I know I could repair it myself like some of you do, but i'm still under the warranty and it's broken..

Help, I'm mad..
    07-21-09 07:54 PM
    The Blackberry warranty covers defects. It does not cover parts broken by misuse, abuse, etc. In order to get the USB repaired under warranty you would have to prove the damage is from a defect or bad assembly and not caused by yourself. You say you take great care of the phone and I don't doubt that but the problem is you have to prove that to the people that approve the warranty repair. Not an easy task.

I would call RIM customer service and see what they say and try to get someone higher up at Rogers.

From what I have heard, the USB is not something that can easily be fixed. I read in another thread that someone had an electronics person look at theirs and he didn't think he could fix it.
    07-21-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD