I'm not sure where to post this. I have the 8900 Curve and when I'm at home and I make or receive a call while the BB is in UMA mode, it knocks all the other computers offline and I have to restart my router.

Once a day might be tolerable but it's happening dozens of times.

I can't disable wifi mode because I get zero cell signal strength in my apartment. UMA is the only way to make decent calls when I'm at home.

Has anyone else encountered this? Are there any workarounds?

TIA!
    01-29-10 08:32 AM
    strange. never heard of it.
    01-29-10 09:09 AM
    have you attempted to test by changing the channel on the router? if the channel your using is a common channel ie. 6, there may be too much traffic on that channel by you and the sorrounding users with routers, and it may cause the router to glitch out, also do you have the latest firmware on the router?? if not update the firmware and it may resolve the issue.
    01-29-10 09:20 AM
    i use channel 11, and have my routers set to "g only" have awesome wifi signal and uma is clear and crisp if your not familiar with how to change the router settings message me and ill walk you through.
    01-29-10 09:21 AM
    Thanks for the speedy replies! The router is a belkin wireless-N, and the firmware is up to date. I think it's set on channel 1, I'll see if changing it helps. Also, its security is 64-bit WEP because I have a few older laptops that can't connect with WPA. Could this also be a bandwidth issue? My speed test is showing 1.5Mbps down/.11Mbs up on dsl.
    01-29-10 09:27 AM
    I do not think it is bandwidth, you have roughly twice the recommended minimum upload ability.

There is one way to confirm if your router or settings are causing the problem. Reset the router to factory defaults, an open connection. If you are still impacting the router and other devices, you have an answer..... change out the router.

If that does clear up the problem, re-introduce security and test it again. That should help you track down the source.
    01-29-10 09:36 AM
    Sounds like a plan! Thanks!
    01-29-10 09:40 AM
    It would be hard to think its bandwith oriented your speed test show you have suffecient bandwith to be able to browse and uma should not have issues. are you able to browse the web via wifi with no issues? and im not sure of the relevence of the thought its a "n" router. i know i have some issues with older macs when the router is "n" only and has no support for b or g, here are links for similar issues within the forums:
    WiFi / UMA Problems! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    http://www.dailydigitals.com/.../com...ual-guide.html
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=401101

all are issues oriented around "n" routers.
    01-29-10 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD