I have the bold 9700. recently i've been testing and trying to figure out why my phone blacks out:
    . during calls
    . during using downloaded programs.
    . texting.
    . bbm
    . facebook. etc. I allready know its not the batttery. i have three brand new batteries that i tested each for a week. the OS im running is the leaked version .656. my phone doesnt even reach red battery bar and warn me its on low battery. what could this problem be?
    09-03-10 08:10 AM
    blacks out as in dies or blacks out as in goes into standby or just the screen itself turns black but still functions when you push a button? The screens arent set to stay on unless you have an app
    09-03-10 08:24 AM
    blacks out, i cant press buttons i have to do a battery pull and let it load for about 5 min.
    09-03-10 08:26 AM
    what'cho got running in the background when this happens? you might be overloading the poor thing trying to run to many programs lol
    09-03-10 08:35 AM
    i dont think BB could overload like this. i stay signed in facebook and twitter and bbm obviously for quick replies and updates 24/7. is this normal? even though the program is closed to home screen but still signed in account does that count as programm usage? or is it my OS.
    09-03-10 08:56 AM
    well i dont have facebook so im not sure how that functions on the phone. you cant shut off bbm so thats a wash and i leave UberTwitter on 24/7 and I dont have those issues. try facebook off see what it does

how much memory you got left anyways? Just shooting possibles at this point
    09-03-10 11:16 AM
    i have 90mb left on Down load apps.
    09-04-10 03:50 AM
    Back it up, wipe it and install a different OS or the same one. Only restore your contacts and other needed stuff. Sometimes there are settings that are bad and if you restore them you'll have the same problems. I would also just reinstall apps from scratch and not from a backup.
    09-04-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD