Dear BlackBerry Fellowship,

Is it possible to put the awesome BlackBerry freckle logo in a BIS email sig?

I think it might not be possible, though I saw a blog where it claimed it could be copied into the device symbols (of course it provided no static method).

I'd think it'd be rad to be 'Sent via 'symbol' or just 'symbol' at bottom of email rather than alternatives.. maybe trademark stuff makes it complicated..

Thanks for reading this post - I don't post at all much but I have been on this site constantly since my BB return. This is the best online community for the best devices!

After a storm then tour, I strayed away to a palm pre+ (great idea, poor hardware and execution) then iphone 4 (great for entertainment; terrible for phone and email tasks - I should have just got an ipod..).

I found my way back home with a 9930 and playbook. Thank the Lord! Dang I have never fawned over devices as I have in the bold and PB - back to the Crack!

Ya'll are the coolest,
    Thanks,
    Chris
    06-01-12 11:15 PM
     PM me with an e-mail addrtess and a copy can be sent. Copy and paste should work from there. Enter in your account sigline and all is well with the world. Welcome back to BB and to CB.
    06-02-12 04:41 AM
     just copied and pasted here. Copy and paste into your memopad. Then setup Word Substitution.
    Last edited by albee 1; 06-02-12 at 11:45 AM.
    06-02-12 11:41 AM
     just copied and pasted here. Copy and paste into your memopad. Then setup Word Substitution.
    An even better solution. Thanks.
    06-02-12 01:40 PM
    You can add the BB 'freckles' (and a whole bunch of other smilies and special characters) to just about anything with an app called Fancy Characters, free in AppWorld. Jingu Smileys is another good one, but it costs a couple of $$.
    06-02-12 02:36 PM
    When I txt that symbol to a friend who has a dried up fruit he says it is just a black square on his end.

Any work arounds?
    06-02-12 06:37 PM
    It also didn't work in the fb app either.
    06-02-12 06:46 PM
    Thanks you guys are awesome!

It works great on the BB though I notice when the message comes through outlook on the pc, the symbol comes through as a boxed question mark - (?) ish. Is there a way around that?

Cheers,
    Chris
    06-02-12 06:48 PM

Maybe this will be better. Does not show on the PlayBook either.

The app Fancy Smilies looks to work on FB.
    Last edited by sedalia066; 06-02-12 at 06:51 PM.
    06-02-12 06:48 PM
    When I txt that symbol to a friend who has a dried up fruit he says it is just a black square on his end.

Any work arounds?
    It also didn't work in the fb app either.
    They only work in bbm, not text or email.
    06-02-12 07:32 PM
    It does seem to work in emails between BB handsets.
    06-02-12 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD