These countries are exploding in smartphone populations...BBM is in top 3 apps in India and Top 1 on Indonesia...That will exponentially bump their users base...From BBM Channels standpoint global companies would love to spend on these economies growing at 5-7% rates..

Posted via CB10
    SifiGamer likes this.
    11-07-13 12:03 PM
    BlackBerry should put serious dollars into effective marketing campaigns everywhere!

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-07-13 12:37 PM
    I would say right now they need targeted marketing to get maximum bang for the buck.

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-07-13 12:41 PM
    Carriers are already advertising BBM in Indonesia, as it's huge there, so people are very aware of it. Unfortunately for BB, they're advertising it mainly to sell ANDROID phones, and many of the people who have been buying old Curves to run BBM, while carrying an Android phone for everything else, will just dump their BB phone and go all Android. This is going to greatly accelerate BB's loss of service revenue, causing increased cash burn.

In many of BB's strongest markets (Indonesia, India, Africa), BBs (almost all BBOS phones) were bought primarily for BBM, and now that BBM can be had on more robust platforms, BBOS is going to die out rapidly in those countries. Hopefully BB figures out how to monetize BBM to recover some service revenues that way while not alienating their userbase (that's a hard act to pull off), or they will have just shot themselves in the foot again.
    bbq10l and anon1727506 like this.
    11-07-13 02:47 PM
    Carriers are already advertising BBM in Indonesia, as it's huge there, so people are very aware of it. Unfortunately for BB, they're advertising it mainly to sell ANDROID phones, and many of the people who have been buying old Curves to run BBM, while carrying an Android phone for everything else, will just dump their BB phone and go all Android. This is going to greatly accelerate BB's loss of service revenue, causing increased cash burn.

In many of BB's strongest markets (Indonesia, India, Africa), BBs (almost all BBOS phones) were bought primarily for BBM, and now that BBM can be had on more robust platforms, BBOS is going to die out rapidly in those countries. Hopefully BB figures out how to monetize BBM to recover some service revenues that way while not alienating their userbase (that's a hard act to pull off), or they will have just shot themselves in the foot again.
    To get you better understanding.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...d-game-863565/

If you read carefully in CB threads, some mentioned they bought a Z or Q because of bbmx experience.
    ReneV likes this.
    11-07-13 06:26 PM
    no they dont need to...

i'm from indonesia, samsung , LG, Lenovo, Apple and some local android phone already do BBM Marketing....and it is very sucessful....

but BlackBerry store are now empty, and from local article news some mobile store said BlackBerry phone sales are drop more than 90%

To get you better understanding.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...d-game-863565/

If you read carefully in CB threads, some mentioned they bought a Z or Q because of bbmx experience.
    no they not at least in indonesia....people are keep drop their BB phone and change to other platform phone
    11-07-13 06:38 PM
    They should drop the price on the q5 and market them like crazy in these countries

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:02 PM
    Indonesian here. Can confirm people are dropping BB devices in droves and the used market is flooded with them (good time to buy if you are die hard BB guy/girl and want Z10/Q10 in the cheap, mint Z10 is only 30% of launch price).

My shop stopped taking used BB devices 1 day after cross platform BBM launched and only took ours because we are a regular at his place. For every person carrying a BB device to sell (which he had to refuse), there are 30 others buying cheap OS 4.0+ androids devices for BBM use.

BB is only king on the QWERTY phone niche but even then it got a fight on its hand as el-cheapo Chinese Jelly Bean Q5-clone is only $50 off contract. It's practically free...
    11-08-13 12:42 AM
    That bad huh? Well I think most people, even the people running blackberry, knew this would be the result of x platform bbm. Hope they can turn it into a money maker. Still more disappointing that people would drop bb10 devices for Android

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:27 AM
    That bad huh? Well I think most people, even the people running blackberry, knew this would be the result of x platform bbm. Hope they can turn it into a money maker. Still more disappointing that people would drop bb10 devices for Android

Posted via CB10
    Advertisement gives better money than hardware. As proven by google, twitter and Facebook.
    And this is where bbm channel comes in..
    They WILL monetize bbm channel and especially to those who downloaded bbmx on androids and ios.
    Hey... What is better than putting BlackBerry brand logo on competitors smartphones.
    One way or another they will mention or type bbm or BlackBerry on their device. And this keeps the brand floating for a long time.

And i'm proud to be one of the niche market with outstanding OS to compliment bbm channel.
    And be different than flooded androids and ios devices out there.

Be different, don't die as a copy (i read this somewhere).
    Chicago777Guy likes this.
    11-08-13 01:49 AM
    Advertisement gives better money than hardware. As proven by google, twitter and Facebook.
    You're kidding right? Apple makes about 53% of all the profits made on smartphones. Samsung makes about 50%. Notice that's over 100%? That's because there are some companies losing money. Google's profits come from advertising, but only a tiny portion of its profits come from advertising on smartphones. Google actually makes more money from their iOS apps (because of ads) than they do from Android, the reason being iOS users tend to use the apps more.
    11-08-13 03:05 AM
    You're kidding right? Apple makes about 53% of all the profits made on smartphones. Samsung makes about 50%. Notice that's over 100%? That's because there are some companies losing money. Google's profits come from advertising, but only a tiny portion of its profits come from advertising on smartphones. Google actually makes more money from their iOS apps (because of ads) than they do from Android, the reason being iOS users tend to use the apps more.
    Nope. Not kidding.

As many have mentioned in threads over threads. BlackBerry will not survive or having a chance to take on smartphone business due to dominating market of ios and androids.
    Did i compare BlackBerry with Apple and Samsung?
    As i mentioned in my posting, BB is heading towards bbm channel for advertising and this means they are focusing more onto software now more than hardware.

And as YOU mentioned, google makes more money from their ads. The Keyword is ADS as in advertisement.
    This is what makes more money than hardware.
    As in another case. Microsoft. They make more money on softwares.
    Did i mention comparing BlackBerry with Apple and Samsung? NO.
    Don't put words in my mouth.
    11-08-13 03:56 AM
    Enough of hardware....its all about services now.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 05:28 AM
    Lot of marketing in indonesia and approximately 6 out of 10 device is BlackBerry (most legacy)

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:10 PM
    BB10 will save BlackBerry...

BES10 and Services will save BlackBerry...

Q10 will save BlackBerry...

QNX will save BlackBerry...

BBMX will save BlackBerry...

I wonder what the next great idea to save BlackBerry will be?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:18 PM
    Largest market in the world: china... seriously if all of china(and only china) got popular with a non popular brand in america, they (the smartphone company) would have the largest market share in the world. So aiming at china id also a good aproach.however, India is already a dominant market for BlackBerry, but needless to say, you are right, they need to market it well there in order to maintain it
    11-08-13 08:01 PM
    Largest market in the world: china... seriously if all of china(and only china) got popular with a non popular brand in america, they (the smartphone company) would have the largest market share in the world. So aiming at china id also a good aproach.however, India is already a dominant market for BlackBerry, but needless to say, you are right, they need to market it well there in order to maintain it
    Do the simplest Google search. Smartphone sales in China. In August, there were a record number of smartphones sold at 30 M. 96% were Android.
    China's August Smartphone Sales Hit 30 Million - Forbes

Chicago has it right (for once).

It has to be services. But I can't see it being BBM necessarily. BBM was part of the plan when people had BB phones. Now with Android or iOS, it's using data just like their other chat apps.
    11-08-13 09:53 PM