Im on Verizon and i have an 8330 red at the moment. and its time to upgrade

tell me which Blackberry to get and why. thanks, austn-black!
    08-03-09 01:58 PM
    Get a bold, good looking, it has 3G and wifi
    08-03-09 01:59 PM
    On Verizon... Get the Tour.
    08-03-09 02:00 PM
    Raven the bold is not offered to VZW, but good looking out.

I would say go with the tour...or if you like touch screen wait for the storm 2.
    08-03-09 02:01 PM
    Get the Tour great phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 02:02 PM
    On Verizon, get the Tour. It's the best BlackBerry RIM has ever built to date.
    08-03-09 02:05 PM
    the only blackberry id give my storm up for is the bold...too bad it's AT&T only
    08-03-09 02:07 PM
    I love my 8230 pearl flip. It does everything you need a blackberry for, plus it fits in your pocket.
    08-03-09 02:12 PM
    Talk about last minute research! You have 3 options, 8230 Pearl Flip, 9530 Storm, and 9630 Tour. All 3 are excellent devices. Coming from a Curve I'd say the Tour might be best for you. BUT I would go to the store and play with all 3 and then see which one grabs your fancy.
    08-03-09 02:18 PM
    I had the 8330 on VZW and hastily paid full price and upgraded to the Storm. I have not been happy with the screen responsiveness of the storm and based on my experience I would recommend the Tour. Ideally, I would love to see the Tour with wi-fi on VZW and I would be in heaven.
    08-03-09 02:20 PM
    Why upgrade? The curve is a great phone. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

08-03-09 02:23 PM
    Get the Tour.

Why?

Because I said so.
    08-03-09 02:25 PM
    I would recommend the tour. It is suppose to be a great phone, and it is the best upgrade option available at the moment.
    08-03-09 02:25 PM
    If you are use to a keyboard...get the Tour..it's new trendy looking & has GREAT screen quality & can be used abroad...buuuut if you want a touch screen onlyyyyy.....get a S-T-O-R-M!! LOL
    08-03-09 02:30 PM
    BLACKBERRY STORM!!!!!!

Greatest phone ever, I'm not kidding either. Got tons of cool stuff 3rd party and built in the new OS is a god send for speed and a huge display, and it looks cool when your using it.
    08-03-09 02:34 PM
    Why upgrade? The curve is a great phone. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

The Tour is better in almost every way except for how it's slightly taller than the 8330 but it's nearly the same in dimensions. Better screen, better trackball, better keyboard, EV-DO Rev. A which is as fast as HSDPA most times, 3.2 MP camera with AF that's actually decent, a faster processor, OS 4.7.1 which is better than 4.5 and around 2.5 times the amount of RAM that the 8330 has. If the OP can get the Tour, he should because the Tour is better in nearly every way.
    08-03-09 02:34 PM
    BLACKBERRY STORM!!!!!!

Greatest phone ever, I'm not kidding either. Got tons of cool stuff 3rd party and built in the new OS is a god send for speed and a huge display, and it looks cool when your using it.

Well I tried to be modest lol
    08-03-09 02:37 PM
    Well I tried to be modest lol

I've tried using the tour in the stores and it's just weird once you own the storm all screens look so small. + the keyboard on the tour didn't really fit my hands to well and I've got not huge hands but more average size male hands.

I don't know if you've had a curve and love a keyboard go with the tour but if you want something new and to me exciting grab a storm.

just my .02�

Happy Hunting
    08-03-09 02:46 PM
    If you're coming from the Curve, then I'd say Tour unless you want to learn how to use the SureType.

I personally love my Pearl 8130 because of the SureType.
    08-03-09 02:46 PM
    I've tried using the tour in the stores and it's just weird once you own the storm all screens look so small. + the keyboard on the tour didn't really fit my hands to well and I've got not huge hands but more average size male hands.

I don't know if you've had a curve and love a keyboard go with the tour but if you want something new and to me exciting grab a storm.

just my .02�

Happy Hunting
    I am addicted to my storm the screen zooms in & out I can SEE stuff so much better than other blackberries plus I am great on brick breaker b/c I can use my finger (I know that isn't the best feature) plus people do hover around when they see it PLUS I was watching T.O.'s new show & they have storms....I could go on & on but people always say they HAVE to have a keyboard....BIG hands...lol I have small hands but that keyboard is awkward for me too
    08-03-09 02:56 PM
    Storm all the way!
    But I'm biased

Play with both and see what you like.
    08-03-09 03:00 PM
    BLACKBERRY STORM!!!!!!

Looks cool when you're using it till it freezes enjoy
    08-03-09 03:27 PM
    Looks cool when you're using it till it freezes enjoy
    As firmware increases that phone just gets better and better. Mine doesn't freeze at all =].
    08-03-09 09:51 PM
    Seriously though, play around with both (Storm and Tour) and see which one you're most comfortable with.

But I love my Storm. With .151 it is finally the BB I thought I was getting in the first place and it rocks!

It's not flawless, but pretty close... I would like a keyboard, but I can't see giving up half my screen.
    08-03-09 10:02 PM
    Be sure to let us know what you chose.
    08-03-09 10:04 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD