02-10-13 10:37 AM
56 123
tools
    According to a friend of mine RIM has confirmed that they will discontinue the necessariness of BIS on BB10 Devices.
    The following article has been published on a reliable german mobile site:
    Blackberry 10: Das Ende des Blackberry Internet Service (BIS)

I'd imagine that BES will continue, I hope that we at least have the Option for BIS. I love the speed, security & data compression that BIS adds.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-11-12 08:00 AM
    Relax, rumors are meant to be debunked.
    PIN and BIS aren't even going away at all. BBID is going to accompany PINs.
    10-11-12 08:37 AM
    hmmm i was very excited about BB10 devices, but reading that BIS could possibly be none exsistant. i dont like that. the security of BIS is what i love. the fact that eg BBM msgs go through RIM servers & not local Service providers was perfect. the unlimited data plans as well are much better for a BB device compared to iphone(which cost an arm & a leg).
    seein that RIM could not get BIS/BES to work wit BB10 kinda sucks. one of your main features, you would think they would hav made every attempt to keep BIS/BES.
    this is going to be an ups & downs kind of debate. also during the launch of BB10 alot of users may query this.
    10-12-12 01:47 PM
    As for us that was a reason for staying with BB
    02-10-13 08:17 AM
    As an indonesian BB user, also on a $10 monthly fullservice BIS.

Yes, indonesian is big on BIS mostly for it's BBM
    Also, not many BB users push emails to it's BB, only for those who uses it for business

But do in mind that data bandwidht speed and reception in ALL network operators in indonesia is horrible. Just, horrible.

The worst thing about BB in indonesia is that the battery is draining so bad, it terms 'battery eater" becomes attached with BB. No such thing a a BB can stand for a full day of normal power use.

I had a curve8320 and it needs 2x charging for a day
    Had tour9630 also needed, 2x charging with GSM, 4x charging while using CDMA
    Bold9700.....about 1.5x
    Torch 9860....2.5x

All using the same 6 pushed emails, an FB, and a twitter

What drains it? Poor signal and data traffic. The bigger u send/receive data, the longer it connects to network data and more battery consumption it has been...not to mention a 'warm' BB

As for the data plan...average cost for monthly is about $6 for 2GB in GSM, $10 for 6GB in CDMA operators...with speed vary from just 6kB (yes,6kB) to a staggering 80kBps on a 7.2MBPS (talk about quality, huh?).

Just my 2cents..
    02-10-13 08:44 AM
    They aren't going to abandon blackberry 7 devices at all. They're still use BIS.
    02-10-13 10:37 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD