When we reboot our bb's,a screen comes up that says verifying security software what security software is it verifying?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 03:40 PM
    12-18-10 03:42 PM
    What if someone steals a BlackBerry smartphone, changes the software and then returns it?

Each time a BlackBerry smartphone boots up, the Boot ROM checks the authenticity of the Java� Virtual Machine and Operating System. The Java Virtual Machine then checks the integrity of the BlackBerry software. If any of these checks fail, the smartphone doesn�t boot up.

To successfully change the BlackBerry software, an unauthorized user would need to change the Boot ROM, which is non-trivial and requires access to the device hardware. Thus, the device software can�t be changed without access to the hardware. In addition to requiring proprietary knowledge, accessing the hardware leaves behind evidence the smartphone has been tampered with

12-18-10 03:52 PM
    I copied that from the knowledge base.

12-18-10 03:54 PM
    so how does one go about tampering with one.and why would you want to?? what would the benifits be???
    12-18-10 05:36 PM
    It is talking about if ur fone is stolen.

12-18-10 07:08 PM
    so how does one go about tampering with one.and why would you want to?? what would the benifits be???
    Say a Russian spy lifts a BB from his CIA counterpart. He may find the information on the device useful. Not everyone uses a BB just to watch youtube.

12-18-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD