Hi, I recently purchased a BB Torch and I plugged it into my PC and updated it. I then played around for abit, put some pictures from my PC onto my Torch and installed some apps. I then plugged the phone back in via USB to put some more pictures from my PC onto it and it comes up saying it has to update it (The same update I installed an hour before and it said successful). I installed it and it said complete once again but my whole phone was reset, I lost all my apps and pictures, anybody know why this happened? or how I can prevent it next time?

Cheers
    01-17-12 02:28 PM
    First were you storing your picture & second have you done a back-up.
    01-17-12 02:35 PM
    I'v done a backup, it saved all my emails but not the passwords and deleted all my apps/pics and I have no idea, I don't know much about BB atm as it's the first I'v had.
    01-17-12 04:07 PM
    Do you have an SD card installed in your phone, if not it will be a good idea to get one. You'll be able to store all your photo on the media card. A back should have saved all your data but it will not save Password for advise reasons.
    What phone & which carrier are you using.
    01-17-12 04:43 PM
    Hi, I recently purchased a BB Torch and I plugged it into my PC and updated it. I then played around for abit, put some pictures from my PC onto my Torch and installed some apps. I then plugged the phone back in via USB to put some more pictures from my PC onto it and it comes up saying it has to update it (The same update I installed an hour before and it said successful). I installed it and it said complete once again but my whole phone was reset, I lost all my apps and pictures, anybody know why this happened? or how I can prevent it next time?

Cheers
    You can refuse the "update". Watch your screen carefully. Is it a "back up" not an "update"?
    You should make sure to back up (sync) to your PC, NOT to the phone, unless you really need
    to restore a previous back up.
    01-17-12 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD