How many ways can someone reword "is Blackberry dropping BB10" and start a thread for each. Can someone keep count please? Holy FXXK.
    10-28-15 07:30 PM
    I don't understand the rationale for people trying to grab up used BB phones from ebay or wherever. How much longer is BB going to support BB10? They've already let Link deteriorate into a hot mess. There's a thread here about Slacker no longer being supported. I just discovered a couple of days ago there is now an issue trying to download MP3's from 7Digital. It seems every week there's a new problem that BB doesn't appear to want to fix. So what's the point of buying old BB10 phones?
    10-28-15 09:51 PM
    10-29-15 12:14 AM
    That's the problem though they haven't satisfied the crackBerry fan boy. All I have heard for the last few years is every one wants I high end all touch. The only thing close to that is the priv which doesn't run bb10. So it's not really a BlackBerry just another random android so in reality they have never satisfied the fan boys

Posted via CB10
    I really really don't understand the cry for a high end all touch. Every BlackBerry device runs silky smooth if you really want to stick to BB10. The ONLY time that I really ever see any lag is when running the occasional Android app because, as I understand it, the phone is not only running the app itself but also the Android runtime under the app and the rest of BB10 simultaneously.
    The Z30 was a high end all touch device. It was also the worst selling device for them. What kind of business move would it have been to repeat that with another.
    The Priv looks to be the high end all touch that everyone is crying for. And now everyone is crying that it isn't running BB10. I couldn't care less about the Specs - I really just wanted another Slider. I'm bummed out that it is pretty near certain that we won't see a BB10 version of that but I'll eventually make the switch because there isn't anywhere else to go. It's still going to have a lot of the BlackBerry that we love in it.
    The way I see it, it's like people wanting a Coke, being told that only Pepsi is available, so they say that they get a root beer instead.
    10-29-15 12:31 AM
    Holy crap!!!!maybe we should wait till the phone is released before we declare the end of the world....bottom line the man was hired to make money for the investors....it is what it is....live with it...move on

Posted via CB10
    If it weren't for your post count, I would ask whether you were new here? This is how the crackberry community works.
    10-29-15 01:02 AM
    Is BB really going to drop it's own OS and start building only Android phones?

If yes, good by BB, you just lost another client.
    Honestly...where are you going to go? Windows? Apple? Lmao! Even we know they are jokes.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 01:10 AM
    Not sure what your point is, as this contains nothing new - just confirms what we already knew:

• There will be a 10.3.3 maintenance/security release in March 2016, and, according to Chen, 10.3.4 at some point beyond that. No new features or development, just patching security issues and bug-fixes.
    • No new SDK updates, which means BB can't release any BB10 phones using different form factors (screen resolutions) or things like a slider.
    • No updating QT support, even though the version they support is obsolete and no longer supported.
    • No updates to the Android Runtime - they'll continue to "support" the current version.

In other words, they haven't turned the lights off yet, but there's only a skeleton crew working in the building, and many vital pieces that need to be updated to make the BB10 platform viable aren't coming. Woohoo...
    10-29-15 12:10 PM
    Is BB really going to drop it's own OS and start building only Android phones?

If yes, good by BB, you just lost another client.
    See ya! You can bail early if you wish but if this is Blackberry's last shot at hardware, I'm going down with ship

Canadian  вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-29-15 12:17 PM
    Honestly...where are you going to go? Windows? Apple? Lmao! Even we know they are jokes.

Posted via CB10
    Windows is not a joke. As for the topic of the OS, it's not going just yet. Lets hope things will work out for BB10.
    10-29-15 12:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Those "jokes" are leading the industry. So who is the joke on?
    10-29-15 02:23 PM
    Those "jokes" are leading the industry. So who is the joke on?
    So you're saying the real joke's on their users..? ;-P

(edit :-)

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy, ... or was that privacy!?! ;-) 
    10-29-15 04:34 PM
    So you're saying the real joke's on their users..? ;-P

(edit :-)

 Ahoy, Privateers, ... get ready for some data piracy, ... or was that privacy!?! ;-) 
    Not their users my friend. They get to reap the benefits. But they're not the ones making those comments, are they?
    10-29-15 04:36 PM
    Not their users my friend. They get to reap the benefits. But they're not the ones making those comments, are they?
    So you're suggesting a symbiotic relationship between mainstream handset makers and their users instead of a parasitic or mutually exploitative one...?

:-D

10-29-15 04:57 PM
    There must be some mutualism or those users would not keep coming back. Look at the prices Apple can garner for the iPhone. Why would people pay a premium unless they feel they are getting quality and value in return? But let's not reflect too much from the comment I was replying to that suggested that Apple and Android were a "joke". That's a weak way to attack someone who has clearly outdone your favorite brand.
    tack likes this.
    10-29-15 05:03 PM
    If BB10 really goes away, I hope BlackBerry can do their best to ensure users on the new devices enjoy the same or similar level of trust they are giving current devices... :-)

The stable ecosystem of iOS makes people come back for its benefits, no doubt, but let's not forget, Apple knows they're locking in their users (see Steve Jobs' leaked email) and why. There is a certain level of exploitation. Still, users are also getting what they want, to the extend they are willing to pay for. Apple is of course trying to maximise this balance to their benefit/profit.

With BlackBerry I just didn't ever have the feeling that they are out to limit what I can do or how I can use device within the usual constraints (no rooting, 3rd party OSes). Apple's lack of SD card though, for example, makes it clear to me where they put most of the weight on the scales. Others might disagree.

Google on the other hand wants eyeballs, and offers a -undoubtedly - great suite of free apps and services in exchange for the users willingness to expose themselves to targeted ad views (gathered from this user data). Number of handsets equals viewers. The more handsets, the better. This is how they profit. Where anyone might draw the line where mutuality ends and exploitation starts, and their own individual comfort level, remains up to them.

I will give a phone company my trust that respects me not just as a paying customer or data point, but as a living breathing organism in a real ecosystem, I believe Jolla is pretty close with their philosophy...

10-29-15 05:41 PM
    If BB10 exists in 2017, it may be possible just to run Chrome for Android apps since Android and Chrome is going to converge with Chrome being the web version of Android.
    10-29-15 05:49 PM
    If BB10 really goes away, I hope BlackBerry can do their best to ensure users on the new devices enjoy the same or similar level of trust they are giving current devices... :-)

The stable ecosystem of iOS makes people come back for its benefits, no doubt, but let's not forget, Apple knows they're locking in their users (see Steve Jobs' leaked email) and why. There is a certain level of exploitation. Still, users are also getting what they want, to the extend they are willing to pay for. Apple is of course trying to maximise this balance to their benefit/profit.

With BlackBerry I just didn't ever have the feeling that they are out to limit what I can do or how I can use device within the usual constraints (no rooting, 3rd party OSes). Apple's lack of SD card though, for example, makes it clear to me where they put most of the weight on the scales. Others might disagree.

Google on the other hand wants eyeballs, and offers a -undoubtedly - great suite of free apps and services in exchange for the users willingness to expose themselves to targeted ad views (gathered from this user data). Number of handsets equals viewers. The more handsets, the better. This is how they profit. Where anyone might draw the line where mutuality ends and exploitation starts, and their own individual comfort level, remains up to them.

I will give a phone company my trust that respects me not just as a paying customer or data point, but as a living breathing organism in a real ecosystem, I believe Jolla is pretty close with their philosophy...

Playbook requiring a BB phone wasn't locking in or limiting their users?
    10-29-15 06:17 PM
    The real, long-term solution is to fire that jerk who is "leading" the company. He has been hinting about dropping phones for years. Predictable result -- sales of BlackBerry phones have dropped off. I used to own part of a company that had a CEO who continually made the same basic mistake. After several years watching him repeat that error over and over, I bailed. The company tanked about three years later.
    01-15-16 05:58 PM
    Playbook requiring a BB phone wasn't locking in or limiting their users?
    Was that malevolence or incompetence?
    01-15-16 06:27 PM
    Was that malevolence or incompetence?
    Probably a little of both with incompetence edging out quite a bit.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-15-16 07:02 PM
45 12