Is BB really going to drop it's own OS and start building only Android phones?

If yes, good by BB, you just lost another client.
    BuryLancs likes this.
    10-16-15 08:53 AM

Bye, Bye....
    10-16-15 08:55 AM

Yup. The CEO doesn't have a clue about hardware. They have dropped BB10 which is a wrong decision. I will use my Z30's until they no longer work and then I will see what comes out in the next 2-3 years. No iOS or Android for me.
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 10-16-15 at 09:19 AM.
    10-16-15 09:06 AM
    Same here. I have no wish to use iPhone, Android or anything form the worst crapware builder Microsoft.
    None of those clowns have hardware with QWERTY keyboard and this is "a must" for me.

I think I am going to buy a Passport just as a backup. This will give me another 3-5 years waiting time for something better to come along.

Adios BlackBerry!
    jsmith00075 and world saviour like this.
    10-16-15 09:15 AM
    It appears so, comrade...it appears so.

Posted via Z10
    10-16-15 03:48 PM
    yes.
    Satisfying the Crackberry fanboy lust is costing them 150 million loss in revenue per quarter...... too expensive for the gratification of the select few of us who remain.
    10-16-15 03:55 PM
    Some people think JC is the right person for BlackBerry. But I don't believe JC is half good. The guy doesn't understand what should be done. I am looking for all touch phone and be gone

Posted via CB30
    Q10Bold, BuryLancs and jsmith00075 like this.
    10-16-15 05:58 PM
    Some people think JC is the right person for BlackBerry. But I don't believe JC is half good. The guy doesn't understand what should be done. I am looking for all touch phone and be gone

Posted via CB30
    Send your resume to Waterloo. It will be a no brainer to replace the guy who doesn't what to do, with you who obviously knows what should be done.

Posted via CB10
    Alexandru Debu likes this.
    10-16-15 08:18 PM

Posted via CB30
    Chen wasn't hired to save Blackberry Chen was hired to save Blackberry's value for BB's shareholders.
    asherN, Troy Tiscareno and bapzz34 like this.
    10-18-15 08:11 AM
    @BB Addict when the position is available I will be more than happy to apply. FYI I have a Ph.D. In elect. Engineering and can give much better suggestions as compare to who is hired now. And for you don't underestimate me!!

Posted via CB30
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    10-18-15 04:53 PM
    Please help me understand what this means? I'm a serious business user and have lived with the limitations of not have various Android apps in order to stay with my BB/Verizon-supported OS and apps. I never learned side-loading, etc. Nice and official. And man am I married to the keyboard and trackpad! PLEASE tell me I'm not going to be losing this hardware anytime soon! And what about the OS? How soon am I looking at migrating to an Android OS? Should I start looking now? Do they really not make any decent Android phones with a decent keyboard, let alone a trackpad? What are business users who don't use their phones much for games and watching YouTube videos supposed to do?

I really don't want to go to AT&T for getting a Passport, but is that a good idea?

The Classic does fine for me. A bigger screen would be nice, but...

Okay, what's going on. Seriously. When will the choices become more limited and what are they going to be limited to? (So I can pick my battles.)

Please? Anyone have a decent insight into what to expect?

Thanks so much!
    10-19-15 01:08 AM
    I am curious to see if the new Android devices can be secured using Blackberry.
    10-19-15 09:56 AM
    I am curious to see if the new Android devices can be secured using Blackberry.
    Nope they can't. Chen said expect a Samsung level of "security" and Blackphone is probably better. So..
    10-19-15 12:00 PM
    They should have done it years ago. There were many cases here in these forums about how BB should quit making hardware, focus on designing it, and adapt the best of the BB OS into Android, including security. These cases were makes years ago as many of us loyal BB users (at the time) watched misstep after misstep. BB10 was itself a major misstep. You can state how awesome you think BB10 is, but history has proven it was a bad business decision executed poorly in many aspects.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-19-15 12:49 PM
    Same here. I have no wish to use iPhone, Android or anything form the worst crapware builder Microsoft.
    None of those clowns have hardware with QWERTY keyboard and this is "a must" for me.

I think I am going to buy a Passport just as a backup. This will give me another 3-5 years waiting time for something better to come along.

Adios BlackBerry!
    That is what I am going to do to.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 12:59 PM
    yes.
    Satisfying the Crackberry fanboy lust is costing them 150 million loss in revenue per quarter...... too expensive for the gratification of the select few of us who remain.
    That's the problem though they haven't satisfied the crackBerry fan boy. All I have heard for the last few years is every one wants I high end all touch. The only thing close to that is the priv which doesn't run bb10. So it's not really a BlackBerry just another random android so in reality they have never satisfied the fan boys

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    10-19-15 01:02 PM
    Please help me understand what this means? I'm a serious business user and have lived with the limitations of not have various Android apps in order to stay with my BB/Verizon-supported OS and apps. I never learned side-loading, etc. Nice and official. And man am I married to the keyboard and trackpad! PLEASE tell me I'm not going to be losing this hardware anytime soon! And what about the OS? How soon am I looking at migrating to an Android OS? Should I start looking now? Do they really not make any decent Android phones with a decent keyboard, let alone a trackpad? What are business users who don't use their phones much for games and watching YouTube videos supposed to do?

I really don't want to go to AT&T for getting a Passport, but is that a good idea?

Okay, what's going on. Seriously. When will the choices become more limited and what are they going to be limited to? (So I can pick my battles.)

Thanks so much!
    I wouldn't say you have to run out and buy an android now but our choices are going to soon be limited. EBay is going to become our friend.

If you don't care about the app. And you really use the phone for productivity stay the course.

I fully intend to grab a couple of bb10 phones off eBay. Use them till they die. And hopefully in a few years somebody will have bought bb10. Or there will be a comparable os

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 01:08 PM

Posted via CB30
    OK, they will make an all touch for you and everything will be super, shares will climb, profits will pile in, google and iOS will be begging for a piece of BlackBerry pie.

Yeah, ok.

Via Passport 
    10-19-15 03:19 PM
    Nope they can't. Chen said expect a Samsung level of "security" and Blackphone is probably better. So..
    First off, it's a Samsung "Knox" level of security. That's a hardened version - a big difference.

Second, he was discussing the level of security at initial launch. Many improvements to come. DTEK and Safeguard software will see much development.

Blackphone 2 isn't for everyone either. It's $799 and only sports a Snapdragon 615 processor, and regular HD resolution. Not like the 808 / QuadHD of the Priv. It only has a 13MP camera, and of course, no keyboard. Battery is only 3060mAh.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 10-19-15 at 04:03 PM.
    10-19-15 03:41 PM

Thanks so much!
    Looks like you gotta go Priv... "you are being gone to Priv"... no real choice on your side, because I'm sure you don't want that:

Is BB really going to drop it's own OS for Android?-iu.jpg

:-D

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-19-15 04:06 PM
    Holy crap!!!!maybe we should wait till the phone is released before we declare the end of the world....bottom line the man was hired to make money for the investors....it is what it is....live with it...move on

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 04:21 PM
    Start at 8:30 and listen:

http://www.berryreporter.com/check-o...om-codemobile/

No he didn't "say" that.

He said (I'm paraphrasing)

the run neck to neck...
    samsung knox...
    probably at the same level

the only other phone...
    that could claim that they are either have or better than us is the BlackPhone
    "...that could CLAIM..."... that can even make a CLAIM to be as secure as BlackBerry.

He didn't say "BlackPhone is as good". He said BLACKPHONE CAN SAY THEY ARE AS GOOD. I know it's a nuance, but saying he SAID Blackphone is as good IS NOT CORRECT.

But he shouldn't have said even that. SMH at Chen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iu.jpg 
Views:	475 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	376515
    Now, you just made me throw up in my mouth a bit.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 10-19-15 at 04:35 PM.
    10-19-15 04:23 PM
    Priv doesn't look so bad. I'm already on board. It certainly has the form factor I'd long been hoping BB would come out with, and I'm ready to accept the fact that I have to live with the Android OS if I want maximum app availability. So be it. I'm ready. In fact, that's what had me on the forum in the first place -- looking to see why my Evernote app wasn't working in Business mode on my Classic and Z30. Well, now it will... soon.
    10-20-15 01:30 AM
    At this point, They will have a tough time attracting people beyond those on BB services, hardcore BB fans or those that want a keyboard. The price is not cheap, it will be highly modded Android, and BB's record stinks for quality and software updates. Oh, and it is GSM only, which screws Verizon users in the USA. Won't matter elsewhere, but a big deal in the USA. Hope it works, but I think it is too late in the game.
    10-28-15 07:19 PM

Posted via CB30
    I think he understands, as the front man,he's just doing what he's told to do.
    10-28-15 07:27 PM
45 12