Tons of threads in here about 'which GPS to buy'....

I'm going at it the opposite way. I have a WinMobile device that has some turn-by-turn software on it that is great. Instead of getting yet another device for my car, I was hoping I could share my BB (ATT 8310) bluetooth GPS to my WinMo device as a serial port or something.

Anybody know if this is possible?
    09-07-09 04:37 PM
    Since you have both devices, the best thing to do is pair them via Bluetooth, then look in GPS devices on the WinMo device and see if the BlackBerry shows up as a source. I'll be very surprised if it does, but please post your results either way. Other people will want to know.
    09-07-09 05:32 PM
    Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I had already gone through those exercises before posting.

I did a lot more research on google. Apparently it's possible, but you have to write your own program to take the NMEA and dump it to BT serial.

It's probably more trouble than it's worth. Maybe I'll submit a feature request with RIM on the off chance they read it. Sounds like the ability to use the existing GPS with a laptop, pda, etc would make a few of us happy.
    09-07-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD