I was an early BB user, first one was Blue with a click-wheel, built lke a tank, lasted for days on a single charge.

Had 2-3 after that, but at my last upgrade, my nervousness about changing to Q10 got better of me and I went to Android smartphone - Motorola Moto X (1st generation).

I swear regularly, typing on the VKB, (which i HATE) always professing how much I miss a PKB... but never thought BB would be possible for me again...

I had also upgraded from 1st gen Padto Samsung tablet.

Well my Android smartphone is now on last legs, won't hold a chage and i amlooking to upgrade assuming I would go Android again and salesperson showed me the BB Priv.

I have begun reading on Crackberrysite, but obviously people here lean towards BB. I never thought about Blackberry, since i left, other thanfondly missing the PKB.

Comments ??? Anyone been on similar path, wo has come back from Androd smartphone VKB only...especially never gone Passpor route ?

Love to hear your comments !!- but I will read on.
    01-11-16 10:38 PM
    It's very much worth it. If you like Android and BlackBerry then it's the perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-11-16 11:35 PM
    I'm just shocked that a salesperson showed you a Priv!
    devin266 likes this.
    01-12-16 12:25 AM
    For me the Priv was the ideal choice, it gives me the apps I need and the physical keyboard I love
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-12-16 12:39 AM
    How was your transition to Android?

Life without the BlackBerry hub?

I am patiently awaiting arrival of my S6edge. Been using BlackBerry since 98.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 12:42 AM
    I cannot imagine any device without the HUB.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    TheQuietRioter and BerrySoul like this.
    01-12-16 01:15 AM
    I actually never experienced/used the Hub. I bailed on Blackberry when I had to choose to go upgrade from my Bold : Q10 running BB10 or to go Android. Someone told me BB10 was a new / different experience, and would take getting used to ... ... and I figured if I was going to learn something new, may as well try Droid...

Well my thumbs are way too flat for VKB/glass typing , and I have so much trouble same typos over and over again, some time even when I go back to correct ....I never did try downloading another different KB app such as swiftkey ... ... I guess I just miss PKB, and this sounds like best of both worlds for me .....
    01-14-16 10:12 PM
    Blackberry Priv is a very good device. I have been using Blackberry since 2008. I also have a Passport. I bought the Priv mainly because it is a android phone secured by Blackberry and most of all it has both PKB and VKB . In my honest opinion since you are android user you will love the android flavour of the Priv .
    However, the Passport IS AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN MY MAIN DEVICE . THE BB OS 10 is the best in the world .

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    bh7171, BerrySoul and Prem WatsApp like this.
    01-14-16 10:28 PM
    Come back to what? To android? Or BB10 Os? Android crap still is android crap with different dress.

  
    01-18-16 04:11 PM
    Come back to what? To android? Or BB10 Os? Android crap still is android crap with different dress.

  
    Not very helpful.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-18-16 04:12 PM
    I'd say this. If you like the look and feel of this BlackBerry Android device over all the other Android devices and how it's PKB feels when you type on it, then get it.

Otherwise just go with whatever Android phone you like and yes get Swift key. It made a huge difference on my Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 04:35 PM
    It depends in how many Android apps you rely on.

If you can live with few of them, especially the non-google play ones, in my opinion you'll find a better and fluider experience on BlackBerry 10 with a Passport.

And above all, a better pkb

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 05:43 PM
    Over priced.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 06:08 PM
    It is definitely worth a try as the keyboard along makes it different from every other android out there. If you are already used to an android you will pick it up pretty quick.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 06:27 PM
    If you like Android you'll like the Priv, its as simple as that. There are some extra features like the Hub (which is half-baked and buggy right now but will hopefully improve) but there isn't really much of a difference between this and any other Android phone except for that and the keyboard, which some like and some don't. I am not a fan of the Priv's keyboard as I don't like the feel of it compared to other Blackberry's or the size of the keys but some seem to really like it. The whole "Its more secure than other Android phones" is nonsense. It might offer the chance to make it a little more private from 3rd party apps, but that's it.
    01-18-16 06:48 PM

  
    And yet, it sells. Hmm.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 06:50 PM
    And yet, it sells. Hmm.

Posted via CB10
    Apparently not as good
    01-20-16 11:03 AM
    If you already enjoy android, then i definitely recommend the Priv. I have had it since launch and love everything about it except that it's android.. The pkb is great for longer messages, and the vkb has the swipe up word prediction which is really helpful if you bother to use it, otherwise it is a solid vkb anyway

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-21-16 04:32 PM