I know i'm on the wrong forum but did not find any alternate section to post. Having our own exchange server and just 1 BB user could not go to BES, only BIS, but only managed to get mails over OWA, which did not let me download all folders. I have been really dissapointed and cannot believe that it cannot be done. I looked online and found BlackBerry - BlackBerry Professional Software . Has any1 ever tried it? Do you know the requirements? How complex the installation is?

Thank you!
    11-13-08 02:39 AM
    I know i'm on the wrong forum but did not find any alternate section to post. Having our own exchange server and just 1 BB user could not go to BES, only BIS, but only managed to get mails over OWA, which did not let me download all folders. I have been really dissapointed and cannot believe that it cannot be done. I looked online and found BlackBerry - BlackBerry Professional Software . Has any1 ever tried it? Do you know the requirements? How complex the installation is?

Thank you!
    the install is basically the same as install BES. Its quite complex.

you would need to be an exchange admin and know how to modify active directory. it requires alot of permissions setup on exchange etc.

but if you are a competent exchange admin, you should be able to handle it.

if your not, and just a casual or power user, i wouldnt attempt it, you can hose your exchange install pretty good modifying some of the permissions ,etc.

as far as requirements it needs to be installed on its own server preferably, but can be installed on the exchange server with some caveats.

it needs to have sql server installed, it will install express edition if you dont have it installed.

but as i said, its kind of complicated.
    01-02-09 09:21 PM
    I use BPS on my SBS (2003) server and didn't have any problems with the install. There are a lot of steps, but if you follow the instructions (found online) and can google any problems that crop up, a clean install takes an hour or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:53 PM
    I am probably considered a power user. I do administer my own SBS server, but I don't have any formal training. You can figure it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:54 PM
    I can call myself a power user too but don't have specialized knowledge on SBS. Just the everyday stuff. Never did the installation myself, despite i setup users, mailboxes, etc.

Other thing that worries me, is that on same SBS I already got MS Exchange 03 & SQL Server.. Will it be ok to have BPS too?
    01-22-09 01:05 AM
    easy to figure out just play with it
    04-25-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD