Hello,

I've been told that a carrier in my country said that they can't guarantee that BIS will work on a blackberry that wasn't bought from the country's official retailer (or basically from the country). My friend also pointed out to me that all PINs here start with the number 2.

My question is, do I need a blackberry with a PIN that is region specific to my country so I can subscribe to BIS in my country ? I'm planning to buy the 9900 from America or Canada

I'm going to call my carrier tomorrow but I want to know the facts in case they tell me it is indeed so. This doesn't sound logical to me, so I want to be able to give a proper response in case they claim it is.

Thank you
    09-04-11 12:01 PM
    My PIN starts with a 2, My phone came from Telus which I bought here in Canada. Im pretty sure PINs arent region locked but phone locked. And I've heard of people using BIS on unlocked phones overseas, but I've also heard of many people having problems trying to get it to work. Hope this helps, If I helped dont forget to click the Thanks button to show the love!
    Last edited by DannyJK; 09-04-11 at 05:36 PM.
    09-04-11 04:12 PM
    Same for me, I'm also on Telus and pins cannot be changed, but they aren't locked to a region like DVDs and other media with those locks. Don't worry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 04:49 PM
    I have three BlackBerries and all the PINs start with 2. I have one contact whose PIN starts with 3, everyone else is also a 2.

PINs are not region locked, but you want to make sure the radio will work with the bands your carrier's equipment operates in.
    09-04-11 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD