Does anyone know if the BB Pearl 8130 derives its time from a "network" of some sort or is it just based on what time you enter into the phone options?

I was on vacation and was in 3 different time zones (layovers) and my phone never changed the time automatically.
    03-25-08 08:25 AM
    03-25-08 08:54 AM
    Well as for timezones you will have to change that your self but as for the time the above post says it right.
    03-25-08 09:04 AM
    WOW, thanks for the quick update!

I read the link, appreciate the response. Don't know why they don't update autmatically, seems like a mis-step to me.

Thanks again Hazysky and cuban_dudeca
    03-25-08 09:17 AM
    I also believe it's something that should be there. I travel between time zones occasionally and found this handy on my old phone (Treo 650). Contrary to the FAQ, I enter meetings appointments in local time. They then automatically update whenever I change time zones. So, using the FAQ example, I would set my 3:00 meeting in Outlook using local time (meaning 4:00 Eastern), and the meeting adjusts automatically to 3:00 when I arrive in the Central time zone. Not a big deal obviously, but convenient nonetheless.
    03-25-08 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD