It's a girl phone. No questions asked. Through my personal friends, all of us have berries. One who hasn't had a job in months still owns a Pearl. We always give him a hard time about having the "girl phone."
    12-23-08 02:17 PM
    It looks kind of girly to me ESP the newest ones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 02:22 PM
    The pearl is grly, the curve is manly, The storm is bi sexual, The older phone are just that for The older ppl ops im 31 can some trade me for my curve I need an older phone. The word phone is for special agents
    12-23-08 02:29 PM
    I think the main reason to get a Pearl is because it looks more like a traditional phone and obviously is smaller and therefore fits easier in your hand, especially in small hands.

While some people are fine with bigger phones like Curve and Bold, people with small hands will have more fun with the Pearl.

It it Girly? My personal opinion, yes :-D
    12-23-08 02:55 PM
    Yes.

12-23-08 03:42 PM
    I have both the pearl and the storm and iam a male neither is girly Up side to pearl is it fits in pocket much better than storm who ever said pearl is girly and storm is bi sexual is crazy who cares if pearl is small as long as it does its job as most berries do
    12-23-08 03:53 PM
    its not a girly phone. I was always told size didn't matter!

12-23-08 04:04 PM
    I actually prefer the Pearl to the look of the Curve or Bold. To me, the Berries with the full qwerty keyboards look remind me of guys who wear Casio calculator watches. Nerd Alert!! The full keyboard looks like it belongs in a pocket protector, and I also don't like the way the full keyboard makes the phone dialing numbers have to be offset to the left side of the phone. I want my phone to actually look like a phone but have nice features, not a phone that looks like a scientific calculator!

Oh, and I can also type faster on my Pearl's suretype keyboard vs. my work issued 8700 full qwerty.
    I'm with you on this one. I like the Pearl, but my work gave me the Curve which I guess I have no choice to use. It seems the phones are getting bigger again in size. I want to go smaller. For my personal phone, I had a Moto Q, which I traded in for the HTC/SMT 5800 which I like better.
    12-23-08 04:04 PM
    I think its too girly! but whatever works for you.
    12-23-08 04:37 PM
    I guess if you are uncomfortable with your manhood, it may be too girlie. I'm not.
    12-23-08 04:45 PM
    If you like it, then use it...
    12-23-08 04:48 PM
    I had a Pearl for a year. I loved it. Rocked it every where. Then I moved to the Curve only cause I wanted a bigger screen.
    12-23-08 04:51 PM
    I had a Pearl for a year. I loved it. Rocked it every where. Then I moved to the Curve only cause I wanted a bigger screen.
    I will be doing that in February, i tried to get it sooner, but won't get the discount...
    12-23-08 04:54 PM
    Is it a girlie phone? Does the Pope pray?
    12-23-08 05:42 PM
    Is it a girlie phone? Does the Pope pray?
    LOL!

10char
    12-23-08 05:44 PM
    I actually prefer the Pearl to the look of the Curve or Bold. To me, the Berries with the full qwerty keyboards look remind me of guys who wear Casio calculator watches. Nerd Alert!! The full keyboard looks like it belongs in a pocket protector, and I also don't like the way the full keyboard makes the phone dialing numbers have to be offset to the left side of the phone. I want my phone to actually look like a phone but have nice features, not a phone that looks like a scientific calculator!

Oh, and I can also type faster on my Pearl's suretype keyboard vs. my work issued 8700 full qwerty.
    OMG! this is so funny...lol..

anywasy back to the post... i think it depends on personal choice and opinion like everything else... i wanted to get my bf a curve so we could have matching phones (aww i know lol) but he refused saying it was too feminine (****!).. so he settled for one of those "iphone" things..
    12-23-08 08:04 PM
    Jesus not this again.

It's a unisex phone. Get over it.
    12-23-08 08:12 PM
    My sister has a Pearl, I only know one guy who has a Pearl myself and after playing with both there mini-Curve version phones I can honestly say I don't like it. Its a sleeker design but the keyboard is what made BB so great. I don't get the whole texting thing on it. Its a half-assed version of a keyboard that focuses more on predictive text then anything. Not bad for the price though if you still want BB bragging rights I assume.
    12-23-08 08:45 PM
    I just asked the two ladies I spent the night with if I'm less of a man because I have a pearl and they said let's go one more round and we will let you know. Seriously , this whole concept is so lame !!!

12-23-08 09:32 PM
    I bought my wife a pink Pearl. I have used it several times and it is a pretty powerful device. I have even walk through the mall using it a few times and didn't feel too weird carrying it around. I would probably go with a Curve or a Bold if I didn't have my Storm, but only because I prefer the flexibility of a full Qwerty keyboard.

Aaron
    12-23-08 10:39 PM
    I bought my wife a pink Pearl. I have used it several times and it is a pretty powerful device. I have even walk through the mall using it a few times and didn't feel too weird carrying it around. I would probably go with a Curve or a Bold if I didn't have my Storm, but only because I prefer the flexibility of a full Qwerty keyboard.

Aaron
    How would you go with a Bold, Verizon doesn't have it yet?

You are a brave man indeed to go walking around in a mall, a public place, carrying a pink Pearl.
    12-23-08 11:03 PM
    The Pink and Henna pearls are girly. The silver Pearl? Not so much. I could never use a Pearl, but that's because of the Suretype and the tiny screen (my Curve has spoiled me )
    12-24-08 01:34 AM
    Don't know if this has been said but I think the flip pearl would metrocexual

12-24-08 01:37 AM
    Oh for heaven's sake people. There is nothing about a phone that
    imparts or denotes the sexuality of the user. There are no manly
    or girly phones. Just insecure people who focus on the truly
    un friggin important.

Get the damn phone you like and be done with it. And for all of
    you talking about how the Curve is more masculine...Really?
    less than half an inch in width difference makes it so?
    12-24-08 01:49 AM
    Oh for heaven's sake people. There is nothing about a phone that
    imparts or denotes the sexuality of the user. There are no manly
    or girly phones. Just insecure people who focus on the truly
    un friggin important.

Get the damn phone you like and be done with it. And for all of
    you talking about how the Curve is more masculine...Really?
    less than half an inch in width difference makes it so?
    So many crude thoughts, so little time.. haha!

Great post, though.
    12-24-08 11:39 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD