If you don't like the way the Passport looks, then don't buy it!

Go with all the sheep and get in the "i" "sam" or whatever trend is fashionable.

Me? I prefer a workhorse that does what it is supposed to do and does it extremely well!

An example,I was attending a friend's film preview in Los Angeles. There was a question and answer discussion after the film. I was able to video a 30 minute interview, in HD video of the entire Q&A. My friend was blown away by not only my ability to videotape 30 minutes of her presentation but also the HD almost studio quality of the video that I presented to her.

The video that the Passport takes is amazingly clear, the audio is clear and crisp and the ability to to be able to use a light to illuminate the videotaping gives the video an amazing professional quality! Fantastic!
    brian4591 likes this.
    06-12-15 06:27 PM
    Everyone is missing the point...

The vw ad has nothing to do with how ugly the car is and if you think it is you missed the point. It's about getting the purple elephant out of way so people can stop talking about the purple elephant and start actually looking at what the car offers.

This is no different with the passport. Is it ugly? That's not the point but let's just get that out of the way so we can actually see what the phone is. BB tried it with the "hip to be square" approach but I think they should have pulled a vw and just flat out called it ugly.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 09:51 PM
    It's a gorgeous phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Hey bap, why are you copying my username?!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 10:31 PM
    Everyone is missing the point...

Posted via CB10
    I get you, but this campaign would need to be carefully investigated and evaluated before launch, for effectiveness as well as whether people get the right message or the message right.
    As I said, it might easily backfire, judging by some other comments here... :-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-12-15 11:43 PM
    I read the first post and allowed the idea to die on it's own.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    06-13-15 06:43 AM
    Well I think we should cast a vote
    06-13-15 11:33 PM
    Well I think we should cast a vote
    I'm sure among bb fans the results would be clear.

I get you, but this campaign would need to be carefully investigated and evaluated before launch, for effectiveness as well as whether people get the right message or the message right.
    As I said, it might easily backfire, judging by some other comments here... :-)
    Every campaign needs to be carefully looked at. I have no delusions and I know bb isn't doing this. But the point is not about if the passport is ugly or not, advertising is less about pleasing die hard fans and is more about winning over the people who are not fans. If you don't think the passport is ugly than an ad like that is not for you.

If I had posted a picture of the iphone with the caption "beauty is only skin deep" everyone would cheer. An ad like this only is looking at the opposite angle. If it makes you feel better you can translate "ugly" into "not an iphone". Different always looks ugly to the people not willing to try it out.

We all know typically people who actually give the passport a try generally have positive reviews. For those people who can't get passed the look of it then this ad just calls it out and admits that its different to stop the conversation. There's nothing more to say but to actually give the passport a try or shutup.

You don't think vw didn't love it's car and put a lot of time designing it? You don't think people have a strong identification with how their car looks? Is the vw bug really ugly or is this just a way to get people to stop and pay attention. It paid off for them.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:49 AM
    When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show.
    When you’re born in America, you get a front-row seat.

Hey! I've got a great idea. Let's all just agree with the OP and maybe he'll go away!!

YA know.... when things slow down around here the "instigators" like to come out and purposely try to create discord in the forums.
    It's up to us, the members, NOT to fuel the fire. The first post had "trouble" written all over it.
    You KNOW from the start that it was going to turn into a useless waste of time .

As members of this community we're suppose to be here to encourage and help each other.
    You people just don't known how lucky we are to have this website.

I'm just saying.. there's a lot of people out there that really need help with legitimate question.
    The OS has nothing to offer and wants to just suck you in and away from being helpful to others. THere are hundreds of threads in this forum.
    why are you wasting your time with this ugly Ork!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 06-14-15 at 04:47 AM.
    HereticHermit likes this.
    06-14-15 01:16 AM
33 12