Im am planing to buy myself a BB 9000 bold.. Is it true that the phone is getting replaced soon by a BB niagara ?

I am new to BB and im confused. Is the bold the most expanded version of BB ?
    03-24-09 05:55 AM
    The Bold is still better then the 9630. Which carrier are you with?
    03-24-09 06:18 AM
    its a polish Carrier called ERA. The top of the line in your country is bold and Storm. So whats the biggest difference between bold and niagara ?
    03-24-09 06:19 AM
    I'm not is the US. Thankfully i'm not limited to carrier as to what BB i own as long as it support GSM i'm good.

Here is my opinion

1- 8900 (if you don't need or have 3G)

2-9000 ( Number one if you do need 3G)

3- 95XX (needs work but getting there)

4- 9630 (not out yet but should be solid)

Spec wise the 9000 destroys the 9630 IMHO.
    03-24-09 06:24 AM
    so im heading for the 9000

Could you please instruct me how can i sync the phone with Gmail + Google calendar + Google contacts with the push method is there a possiblity like this >?
    BTW im on a mac
    03-24-09 06:28 AM
    Sorry i'm lost on that one. LOL. You should get help soon though. Oh and welcome to the site.
    03-24-09 06:30 AM
    thank you
    03-24-09 06:31 AM
    i've never tried syncing w/ google calendar or contacts, but as for email, since bis was recently updated, when you have your gmail pushed to your phone (once you get your phone go through email set up and there will be step by step instructions ), viewed emails via blackberry will be reflected on your online account (aka no longer listed as "unread"), however viewed emails online will not be reflected on blackberry. from your blackberry, you will have the option to delete the message both one your blackberry AND online inbox, however deleting from online inbox will not delete from blackberry.

if you wanted something more synced up than that (like, when you delete it online, will delete from blackberry), i think imap might be the route you're going for (although i'm not 100% sure, i've never done it as the way my bb is set up works just fine for me ). scroll down on this thread for instructions on setting up imap:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/e-mail-syncing-176333/

hope that helps!
    03-24-09 09:36 AM
    ok, so whats the best way to keep your contacts sync online and so on to use 100% of blackberry sync power for Contacts and Calendar and Email ?
    Any names ?
    Outlook ?
    03-24-09 03:46 PM
    Ok the full specs for the 9630 are not know yet. We are pretty sure it has the Storm CPU so it's less than the Bold, BUT it also has the Storm's better camera. It's App memory is not know, BUT it might just have the 8900's 256. I can dream can't I? A BIG miss (we THINK) is that the 9630 does NOT have wifi, but since it STILL has not been offically announced AND there is evidence both ways, you NEVER know.
    03-24-09 03:52 PM
    Hmm, so if i get the bold i want be "oldfashioned" in the blackberry technology ? I dont want to buy a phone which will have a successor really soon
    03-24-09 03:55 PM
    Bold has only been released about 6 months. There is unlikely to be a 3G/Wifi capable replacement for a long time because RIM has sunk too much effort into other new models for other markets. IMO the most Bold will see in the next 12 months will be software upgrades.
    03-24-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD