When I looked at the Blackberry screen on the AT&T website I saw that of the seven BB models listed, four of them show as "out of stock"... including the 9700. Could this be a sign that new models are coming sooner than we have thought?... September instead of October for example.
    Last edited by jbzvdl; 08-29-10 at 05:39 AM.
    08-29-10 05:35 AM
    could be - but verizon seems to be shipping (as per their website)
    08-29-10 06:09 AM
    Maybe RIM isn't just buying back their stock, maybe they are buying back the phones that aren't bought yet so they can unsolder the 256 MB flash chip, solder in the 512 MB chip, install OS6 and switch the sticker out and resell them as the 9780, etc. ;-). That's about the only changes on these next batch of "refreshes" coming out anyway.
    08-29-10 08:43 AM
    Maybe RIM isn't just buying back their stock, maybe they are buying back the phones that aren't bought yet so they can unsolder the 256 MB flash chip, solder in the 512 MB chip, install OS6 and switch the sticker out and resell them as the 9780, etc. ;-). That's about the only changes on these next batch of "refreshes" coming out anyway.
    Being able to run oS6 would be nice.
    08-29-10 09:50 AM
    As funny as that sounds, I wouldn't be surprised. My store has 9700's FWIW.
    08-29-10 11:46 AM
    Back-to-school.
    Maybe they've just sold a lot to Students in the last couple weeks.
    08-29-10 11:58 AM
    When I looked at the Blackberry screen on the AT&T website I saw that of the seven BB models listed, four of them show as "out of stock"... including the 9700. Could this be a sign that new models are coming sooner than we have thought?... September instead of October for example.
    perhaps this is related to the post mentioned by "sfrosty" in this thread, regarding some "rumored" four upcoming berries scheduled for release from ATT by the end if the year....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/ru...ctober-516850/
    08-29-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD