Did anyone warn JustCheeky that the crazy, weird, unfunny, boring and annoying people on messenger outnumber the sexy and cool ones?
    hmm maybe I should retract my previous statement about wanting to be exclusively cool!
    03-14-08 01:29 PM
    Exclusivity has it's drawbacks.
    03-14-08 01:30 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger is great. I use it to chat with co-workers and my girlfriends. The thing I like about it is that no one else has it that doesn't have a blackberry and it runs on pin.
    03-14-08 01:30 PM
    People keep saying it's free. Does that mean I can use it w/o a data plan? If so then that's free.

I have a work Berry (Pearl) and we use it to comminicate back and forth with co-workers. We also start chats when we are trying to get together and plan something for after work.

I just left the iPhone and got a Curve for personal use and I don't really have a use for it as all my BB buddies are on my work Messenger.

I didn't know about the instant voice notes which is cool.
    03-14-08 01:37 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger is great. I use it to chat with co-workers and my girlfriends. The thing I like about it is that no one else has it that doesn't have a blackberry and it runs on pin.
    Lol @ girlfriends ... was this a typo? Hehe. If not and anyone of them happen to stroll by CB.....
    03-14-08 01:40 PM
    hmm maybe I should retract my previous statement about wanting to be exclusively cool!
    I joke I joke. I caused a stir in another similar thread so I was just teasing. Some folks are actually cool like daddybear, sola, chaz, cindy, adlen, myself...

People keep saying it's free. Does that mean I can use it w/o a data plan?
    Its technically not, but with an unlimited data plan, there are no extra charges applied to your account. Even if you have a limited plan, it uses very little data.
    03-14-08 01:40 PM
    Hey nothin' wrong with causin' a scene every now and then!
    03-14-08 01:47 PM

Its technically not, but with an unlimited data plan, there are no extra charges applied to your account. Even if you have a limited plan, it uses very little data.
    It's just like how every says they have free nights & weekends... Lol. Lies I tell you! Lies.

I figured that was the case, can I use it w/o a data plan though? (PPU charges?)
    03-14-08 02:20 PM
    This is cool. I thought it was pretty useless too. I'm still questioning the "free" part though. I'm through verizon and I get charge for using yahoo, google, etc. But what I'm understanding is that I won't get charged for chatting through bberry? Now I just have to talk more people into getting one of these so I have some friends to chat with!
    03-14-08 02:21 PM
    This is cool. I thought it was pretty useless too. I'm still questioning the "free" part though. I'm through verizon and I get charge for using yahoo, google, etc. But what I'm understanding is that I won't get charged for chatting through bberry? Now I just have to talk more people into getting one of these so I have some friends to chat with!
    Lol... Yes it gets fun especially if it's a mutli-person chat.
    03-14-08 02:23 PM
    IF you have an unlimited Data Plan with VZW, there is NO additional charge. IF you have an unlimited Data Plan with VZW, there should be no additional charge for your "yahoo, google, etc."
    If you don't have and unlimited plan... expect to pay if you go over the limit.
    03-14-08 02:24 PM
    I have an unlimited data but I was told IM programs charge as text messages... I don't have a plan for that. I even followed up with a phone call and was advised that yes, I do get charged for IM's as text messages... .25 or .35 per message!!!
    03-14-08 02:34 PM
    I have an unlimited data but I was told IM programs charge as text messages... I don't have a plan for that. I even followed up with a phone call and was advised that yes, I do get charged for IM's as text messages... .25 or .35 per message!!!
    Well, that's not cool at all...
    What's up with VZW?
    03-14-08 02:57 PM
    Verizon offers some "free" programs that work with standard chat clients such as AIM and Yahoo, and yes, text message charges apply. However, there are 3rd party alternatives that only use data, such as JiveTalk.
    03-14-08 03:03 PM
    vzw wants to suck EVERY NICKEL THEY CAN out of everyone dumb enough to cough one up...

they are a bunch of vicious corporate whores and take all the fun out of mobile technology..

-db

and yes..they ARE my provider of choice...
    03-14-08 03:04 PM
    Hmmm, tell me more about that.

So... does the blackberry messenger program work or do charges apply there too???
    03-14-08 03:14 PM

So... does the blackberry messenger program work or do charges apply there too???
    If you have unlimited data, the BB messenger program is 100% free.
    03-14-08 03:18 PM
    I also have Verizon and what I did was I downloaded Yahoo Messenger and Google Talk from http://mobile.blackberry.com. That way I can IM through those and BB Messenger and it counts towards data and not as a text message.
    03-14-08 03:25 PM

100% unlimited as long as you are "paying" for an unlimited data plan.
    03-14-08 04:25 PM
    Ok, so I love the BB Messenger now!
    03-14-08 04:36 PM
    it's the greatest thing ever!!! I think this will save me a lot of text messages!
    03-14-08 04:41 PM
    Hi name is Jen. I am looking for chat buddies all around the world. 2426C19B
    pin me anytime
    03-14-08 04:47 PM
    I have unlimited data and family messaging.... So Whether I BB message, Instant message or text, it's unlimited.
    03-14-08 05:08 PM
    My BBM has made its way into the realm of the "hidden icons".

I never use the darn thing.. Even people I've added don't use it. heh
    03-15-08 04:38 PM
    lol I was overwhelmed at how many people use it.... and I forget that I'm using it... someone will message me - and I'll be like, "what is that icon for? I have no texts and no e-mails!" Then I realize - it's you people BB Messaging me! LOL
    03-15-08 07:35 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD