I've searched and found a few threads that have touched on this but nothing conclusive - does anyone have any answers on this?

I have a Storm( on Alltel) and Bold at the moment. My girlfriend has a Curve on Alltel.

With all of my other BBM contacts, I never have any issues. I send them a message, get a check mark, a D and eventually an R when they read it.

When I try and send a message to my G/F however, it is a different story. Her status frequently shows "unreachable" even though she is in an area with full coverage, not on the phone, and her status is set to available. With my girlfirend, I send her a message and after a lenghty hourglass finally get a check mark. But then it takes up to several hours for a message to get delivered.

Here are the steps I have taken and what I have ruled out.

1) I have sent her messages from several different phones. My Alltel Storm, my at&t Bold and my Alltel Pearl. Same problem no matter which phone/network I use.

2) Have switched phones on her account. Still the same problem, so it doesn't seem to be an issue with her device.

3) Unloaded BB Messenger with DM and reinstalled it. Did a wipe and reinstalled her OS. Removed me as a contact and re-added me.

4) Re-registered on HRT and resent service books several times.

5) Tried changing her status from available to unavailable and back.

This issue is getting frustrating. One of the reasons we both have BBs is so that we can communicate via BB Messenger. For some reason it takes forever to get a message to her phone and her status is often "unavailable." I'm not sure where else to turn at this point.

Has anyone had any experience with this or does anyone have any further tips I can try?

Thanks
    02-04-09 11:28 AM
    I'm having the same problem with BBM. Only I don't have any other contacts on it other than my husband to compare to. He's with at&t and I'm with alltel.
    02-04-09 11:35 AM
    Interesting. Is he having an issue sending messages to you or are you having trouble sending them to him?
    02-04-09 12:04 PM
    It's pretty much both I think.

We'll be messaging back and forth then all of a sudden I send a message and his status will go to unavailable or he won't get the message at all or quite a while later. He'll send me a message (sometimes multiple messages) and I won't get them at all. His status sometimes goes to typing a message for some time when he's not typing and sometimes it just stays stuck on unavailable.

I guess the more i think about it.....it seems to be more on his end! LOL
    02-04-09 12:23 PM
    That's strange. Just the opposite with me. The problem is on her end and she is the one with Alltel.
    02-04-09 12:24 PM
    I am having the same issue....very on/off....dubious results.

When i send a msg to someone "available" it goes right to "busy" and the person never gets the message....

I'm in Canada with Telus, and the technical staff is amazing...they have no idea what's up with it.

......but this just started today.
    02-04-09 06:34 PM
    Alltel had an outage in the southeast the other day, so that exacerbated the problem. However, everything is supposedly back online and we're still experiencing the problem. Very strange.
    02-06-09 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD