Hi,
    Finally cottoned on to the world of BB messaging, however, I cannot get it to work on my BB.
    Every time I try to add a contact, the request sits at Pending and the 'to be recipient' never recieves anything. Likewise, if someone sends me a request I never recieve it.

I've seached the internet and found loads of possible reasons why, but these have just further confused me rather than offering any definitive advice - which is where Crackberry.com come in I hope

Now, don't flame me for this but I dont use my BB for email?! - I just happen to prefer them as phones - although the Messenger does appeal to me.
    Firstly: Is there some configuration that is completed during the Email setup that allows BB Messenger to work? i.e do I need email capabilities for messenger to work?

Secondly: Could it be an issue with the Host Routing Table - my HRT is empty and when I 'Register Now' I get a pop-up saying 'Registration Message Sent' but nothing ever comes of it - HRT is still blank.

Oh, and my carrier is O2 (if that has any baring??)

Thanks, and any advice is much appreciated.
    06-18-09 03:53 AM
    You need to be on a data plan. Without it, BBM will not work. There's nothing you can do to make it work either.
    06-18-09 03:58 AM
    You need to be on a data plan. Without it, BBM will not work. There's nothing you can do to make it work either.
    correction, he needs to be on a Blackberry data plan, BIS or BES. BBM uses blackberry servers in order to work. regular data plans or no plan, wont work.
    06-18-09 04:00 AM
    Ahh - thanks for the very quick reply's! I'll give O2 a call and see whats involved in adding a Blackberry Data Plan.

Thanks again
    06-18-09 04:02 AM
    just some extra cash per month should do it.
    06-18-09 04:03 AM
    Whats the difference with a Data Plan then? I was under the impression that without one, all services were availible you where just charged on basis of how many bytes you used??
    06-18-09 04:18 AM
    no. having a blackberry data plan will cost you more than a regular data plan. it allows you access to blackberry specific things like the built in browser, push email, blackberry messenger and PIN messaging. these require that an account be set up through RIM that you must have properly set up and requires your PIN and IMEI in order for those things to work.
    06-18-09 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD