My employer as asked me to locate a Blackberry with an SMS Thread/SMS Conversation-like feature as he is unhappy with his unhappy with the feature on his Nokia E71. I understand Blackberry have BB Messenger, but I need it so that the thread can be used to contact other manufactured phones also. Is there such a Blackberry available at the moment? I have also read about ICQ, but cannot find the answers to the questions I have. Does this work via SMS and is compatible with other phones?

Also, I need to know how many messages can be stored in the conversation without slowing down/crashing and how far you can scroll back without having to click another feature to bring up later messages? If the network makes a difference, my employer is located in Thailand and the network will be AIS. I need these specific questions answered if you can.

Thank you for your help.
    11-11-09 11:19 PM
    My employer as asked me to locate a Blackberry with an SMS Thread/SMS Conversation-like feature as he is unhappy with his unhappy with the feature on his Nokia E71. I understand Blackberry have BB Messenger, but I need it so that the thread can be used to contact other manufactured phones also. Is there such a Blackberry available at the moment? I have also read about ICQ, but cannot find the answers to the questions I have. Does this work via SMS and is compatible with other phones?

Also, I need to know how many messages can be stored in the conversation without slowing down/crashing and how far you can scroll back without having to click another feature to bring up later messages? If the network makes a difference, my employer is located in Thailand and the network will be AIS. I need these specific questions answered if you can.

Thank you for your help.
    BlackBerry devices running version 5.0 operating systems have the threaded SMS feature.
    11-12-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD