i accidently delted bb messenger when i was a lil drunk last nite thinking it was something else is there a way to get it back on my BB and if so is it possible to change the password>>?
    12-23-07 06:55 PM
    go to blackberry.com and re-download it i don't know about any password i didn't need one
    12-23-07 06:57 PM
    How about restoring from a recent back up? I know, I don't back up enough either I think I will this morning when I get off shift.
    12-27-07 06:50 AM
    I wish you luck! Some carriers DON'T allow a re-download of BlackBerry Pin Messenger, when you try you get an error, "Can't install"...

If that happens, try reloading the OS, that might work...
    12-27-07 07:56 AM
    Yes, it is part of the OS load; if you already have downloaded the Handheld OS to your PC, then try the following:

- shut down Desktop Manager
    - locate and delete VENDOR.XML on your PC C: drive
    - restart desktop manager
    - Application loader should kick in; if it does not, start it
    - Add the check mark next to BlackBerry Messenger and it should reload
    12-27-07 08:36 AM
    That didn't work for my 8700c. I have the same problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-07 10:59 PM
    I wish you luck! Some carriers DON'T allow a re-download of BlackBerry Pin Messenger, when you try you get an error, "Can't install"...

If that happens, try reloading the OS, that might work...
    I Didnt know that, nd i nearly deleted it wen i wuz deletin another app......That was a close one
    12-27-07 11:06 PM
    That didn't work for my 8700c. I have the same problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-07 11:47 PM
    The ONLY way to install BBMessenger onto a device with OS 4.2 and higher is to install it using the OS Installation package. You cannot download it OTA from the blackberry website as the version there is only compatible with 4.1 and lower OS (older BB's that didn't have it preinstalled.)

Follow NJBlackberry's instructions above.

Install the following onto your PC:
    1. Install the Desktop Manager.
    2. Install the handheld OS installation package that matches the OS version you have on your handheld. Look in Options >About if you're not sure.
    3. Locate and delete the vendor.xml file
    4. Plug in device and run Desktop Manager. Then click on Application Loader and check the box for Blackberry Messnenger. Finish the installation.

This is the ONLY way to reinstall BBMessenger on 4.2 devices. If it doesn't work you llikely missed a step here. Go back and make sure you got each step.
    12-28-07 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD