I am having trouble with the BBM app on my 9780. My old phone a 9780 died last week and since I got this new one I haven't been able to get my BBM successfully up and running. When I try to restore my contacts it tells me.

"Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the Blackberry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes."

It has been doing this since last week Wednesday. I thought I'd give it a few days. I have my brother as my only contact and I can message him but he can't see my pic and I can't see his. Also no updates come through. I took it to the store but my local carrier has never seen the issue and doesn't have a clue. I have also tried updating to the new OS and still the same problem. Is it the device and can it be fixed or should I just buy another new phone?

Thanks in advance.
    08-07-12 01:30 PM
    Anybody? Please tell me it's not another issue specific to only me. I had an 8900 a few years back that had issues never seen before. I kind of refuse to buy another.
    08-07-12 03:28 PM
    So I take it it's just me that has ever had this problem and I have to pay Blackberry to get an answer. Here I come Samsung. Thanks anyway to all the people who at least read the thread.
    08-08-12 12:07 PM
    So I take it it's just me that has ever had this problem and I have to pay Blackberry to get an answer. Here I come Samsung. Thanks anyway to all the people who at least read the thread.
    Have you tried deleting and downloading again from app world? I have never had the issue you describe, but I have fixed other issues by copy and paste the BBM cod files from the OS java folder, into a separate folder on my desktop and then using BBSAK and install each cod file onto the phone. Your first option is to delete and re load BBM tho. Also, Google your issue and more than likely there is a thread specific to your issue.
    Last edited by geoffsdad; 08-08-12 at 03:58 PM.
    08-08-12 03:56 PM
    Call your carrier and confirm you still have a "Blackberry" data plan.
    08-08-12 04:24 PM
    Have you tried adding any mail accounts to your BB yet?
    08-08-12 04:32 PM
    Yes I have tried all the above. My email works and I've deleted and installed the app a few times. I've took the phone in to the carrier and even they can't fix it. I even updated the OS. I guess I will give the cod files a go.
    08-08-12 07:40 PM
    Whenever I have problems like that I go on app world, my world then refresh list. Most of the time when the list is refreshed il find an update for the bothersome app which restless my problem.
    08-08-12 07:51 PM
    Have you tried manually adding the contact via PIN instead of a restore? Once when my BB was bricked, any contacts who messaged me while I was formatting and reloading my device couldn't send or receive messages from me once I restored my contacts. They would appear on my contacts list and i would appear on theirs. However nothing else worked, no updates or messages. I had to delete them and manually add them back via the standard PIN invite. Or vice versa.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    08-08-12 07:56 PM
    Yes I have tried to add them manually still no luck.
    08-09-12 09:12 AM
    Was your BBM profile saved to email or media card?
    08-09-12 07:39 PM
    I thought you were going to samsung due to the fact that apparently the readers are obligated to help or else you walk?

sorry but your post seemed very entitled
    08-09-12 07:43 PM
    When that happened to me I reloaded my contacts from a local backup that I keep on my storage card. I think I ended up sending invites out to everyone all over again.
    08-09-12 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD