Just look at the china one, a person can tell those figures are bs.. Especially ios..

Those data charts are not exactly accurate by any means..
    What surprises you about the China numbers? They seem reasonable to me.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    04-28-14 03:51 PM
    Check out the Kantar website http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/smar...-market-share/
    Mexico is 5.3% and Argentina is 9.9% for BlackBerry. They don't seem to have data for Canada, Indonesia, South Africa, India, Philippines etc

Posted via CB10
    Brazil also up from March last year
    March 13 - 0.9%
    March 14 - 1.5%

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    04-28-14 03:53 PM
    It's not ever till its over... let's see how Chen does

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Chen has chose to reduce advertising from something, to nothing. These numbers prove it.
    04-28-14 03:54 PM
    Would be interesting to know how BB10 vs BBOS are faring.

Hear a lot about Australia and BB10 so maybe their growth has been in adoption of BB10? Where maybe Brazil is more BBOS??

Or for that matter - do we know for sure that these are numbers for both BBOS and BB10 devices combined?
    Laura Knotek and eldricho like this.
    04-28-14 03:58 PM

For a country with an average salary of about $10k (per year), the iOS number seems a bit too high.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 04:07 PM
    Would be interesting to know how BB10 vs BBOS are faring.

Hear a lot about Australia and BB10 so maybe their growth has been in adoption of BB10? Where maybe Brazil is more BBOS??

Or for that matter - do we know for sure that these are numbers for both BBOS and BB10 devices combined?
    I can't say for sure, but whenever I've seen "BlackBerry" used as a category in these things its the combined total of BBOS and BB10.

The BBOS:BB10 ratio has been pretty consistently 3:1 according to the BB ERs (one of the few times BB10 and BBOS are reported separately)... so, those Kantar figures should probably be divided by four to give BB10 market share.

Though, I'm not sure that a quarter of any of those tiny percentages looks any prettier.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 04-28-14 at 04:52 PM.
    04-28-14 04:30 PM
    For a country with an average salary of about $10k (per year), the iOS number seems a bit too high.

Posted via CB10
    This is the percentage among those who are actually buying smartphones.

The number is totally consistent with Apple's earnings reports which show great sales in China. The Shanghai store ranks as one of Apple's top 3 stores in the world in sales volume. Plus they have that enormous store in Hong Kong.

04-28-14 05:07 PM

The China numbers seem correct. The BlackBerry 0.1% is probably from Hong Kong and Macau sales. IOS not as dominant in China because major Telecom firms are just now introducing the IPhone. Mainland China users also prefer large screen phones as a lot can't afford to buy both a phone and tablet so the large phone serves both purposes.
    04-28-14 05:41 PM
    You can see active usage here:

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

(by country as well.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-28-14 06:14 PM
    [QUOTE=scalemaster34;10295228]Would be interesting to know how BB10 vs BBOS are faring.

Hear a lot about Australia and BB10 so maybe their growth has been in adoption of BB10?

The BBRY numbers look terrible in Australia:
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

BUT: They have aw
    04-28-14 06:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    From prior reports, I believe Kantar only surveys a couple of major cities for its China figures and openly stated the numbers were urban/industrialized Chinese market share figures.
    04-28-14 06:19 PM
    Brazil also up from March last year
    March 13 - 0.9%
    March 14 - 1.5%

Posted via CB10
    This site shows almost no usage at all for BBRY in Brazil
    Donnierock likes this.
    04-28-14 06:20 PM
    04-28-14 06:26 PM
    wahoo statcounter data. the thread is now complete lmao
    04-28-14 06:27 PM
    Chen has chose to reduce advertising from something, to nothing. These numbers prove it.
    You could always make the case that Chen has prudently decided not to waste promotional effort in markets where the brand has already been determined to be DOA.
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-28-14 06:27 PM
    This is the percentage among those who are actually buying smartphones.

The number is totally consistent with Apple's earnings reports which show great sales in China. The Shanghai store ranks as one of Apple's top 3 stores in the world in sales volume. Plus they have that enormous store in Hong Kong.

I know, but people usually buy devices they can afford. And if you look at other developing countries, you'll notice iOS has a much lower market share.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 06:30 PM
    From prior reports, I believe Kantar only surveys a couple of major cities for its China figures and openly stated the numbers were urban/industrialized Chinese market share figures.
    That would explain it.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 06:31 PM
    BB still rocks in South Africa, a whopping 27%. StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

What is amazing is that MS PC OS still make up about 63% of internet usage around the world. StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    04-28-14 06:46 PM
    wahoo statcounter data. the thread is now complete lmao
    Statcounter..

Now we still need Comscore before we can call it a success

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    04-28-14 06:47 PM
    I know, but people usually buy devices they can afford. And if you look at other developing countries, you'll notice iOS has a much lower market share.

Posted via CB10
    True. Sales in one store also does not determine dominance for the entire country. Apple has a huge store in Hong Kong but the bulk of mobile phone users in Hong Kong are Android (Samsung and to some degree Sony). The bulk of the buyers at the Apple Hong Kong store are mainly from Mainland China because of the high price in the Mainland but then again those buyers are just a small fraction of the mobile phone population. Also have to take into account sales of OEM Android phones and by firms such as Lenovo which have huge market share in Mainland China.
    04-28-14 08:03 PM
    Looks like Android is taking over everything in Spain.

I'm anxiously waiting to see how the Z3 release in Indonesia pans out. Good battery and a big screen for less than $200 has to be attractive.

? CB10 ?
    Spanish mobile market is a very particular one... (I'm spanish, so I know how we use to buy... :P)

not too many years ago BB legacy devices were almost everywhere, 8520 was the smartphone for the young people and BBM was the messaging platform for them. Spanish market trends to follow everything that is (or appears to be) free, and BBM was the free way to chat with friends without using SMS.

The droid army, led first by HTC and now by Samsung and LG, showed the market they were the "free" open source alternative to these big companies called BB and Apple... spanish people like Robin Hoods, and they began buying Android.

That was specially relevant with the arrival of Whatsapp... once more, the key word is "free". No matter it's safe or not, they simply use it because its free. Whatsapp was a nice messaging platform, and allowed the use of these charming all-touch devices, so let's throw away these old keyboard phones

Samsung and LG have very strong relationships with mobile operators, and these subsidize their terminals in a very high percentage, and offer them almost free just to keep you as a client for a couple of years more.

You must also consider Spain is a country with a huge amount of really small businesses (1-3 people), where "your own device" is "the only device", so enterprise market has little importance.

And, at the end, BB is almost closing doors in Spain. We lost our beloved VP (Ed Fern�ndez, probably the man who led BB to their relevant place in Spain 6 years ago, is now at the Miami offices trying to gain the LATAM market), and since then the spanish office has been cutting jobs at every level of any departament. Not good times for BB here.
    04-29-14 02:04 AM
    This is a part of the evil propaganda by you know who. Blackberry actually has a lot more share than what is shown here. And with intial reports of Z3 being sold out in minutes.... OMG
    The same story was said about the Z10 in the UK. I read stories about customers was divided in to two lines. One for customers buying a single handset and one for volume purchase.

The perception of BlackBerry is so bad amongst all non BB users. People have been reading stories in the media for 2-4 years about saying how bad their devices and business was. It will take at least a decade and lots of money to fix that. Money they don't have.

Their current focus is on "high security enterprise customers" and MDM. Their current MDM solution is NOT on par with other solutions.
    BES 12 is said to be a huge step up (hence not BES 11), but again that's *future*. BlackBerry is *NOT* getting away anymore with delivering non-competetive products while talking future products.

Enterprise high-security customers exists, but IMHO BlackBerry should REALLY step up and make something unique for them like built-in encryption for voice calls (buy or join Secusmart). eBBM could be part of this - only time will tell.

I have no doubt that BlackBerry will do some effort to support consumers too. Maybe not by big spendings on sales and marketing, but by developing BB10 with new features. It's quite obvious that they are counting on the Android Runtime to save them from having no apps, but Google will do their best to get their deveopers to utitilize the Google Services Framework (GSF) which is not included in Kindle, BB10 or Nokia's new devices. iPhone and Android devices are like swiss army knives: They can do everything, but maybe not extremely well. BB10 is very good at a few things, but there is a LOT it cannot do (apps). BB10 will be used in the few situations where it is appreciated, the rest will go for iOS/Android.

So marketshare will continue to go down until BlackBerry can offer either a very good deal for the carriers (huge, huge profit per device) or make something really, really fantastic that will attract some new users and apps. I doubt either will happen. BlackBerry will continue the plan Mr. Chen has shown, and try to grow in other markets (healthcare seems to be one of them).
    04-29-14 03:57 AM
    Looks like Android is taking over everything in Spain.

I'm anxiously waiting to see how the Z3 release in Indonesia pans out. Good battery and a big screen for less than $200 has to be attractive.

? CB10 ?
    BlackBerry hadn't had any marketing here in Spain. The Galaxy ads are all over. Just other day I manage to see first Z30

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 04:41 AM
    Proud to be part of the 0.5% increase in Australia

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 04:41 AM
    Kantar,statscounter.. Why one should be more reliable than another one? I simply don't trust those things.. what I trust is official reports from BlackBerry(or other companies) and what I see/read around in forums and website. E.g. In Italy people really begin to buy winphone (because of its price and because on the phones you can still read "Nokia")and I see them in the streets, I read some people on the forum saying they have bought a winphone..

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 04:56 AM
96 1234