This is my very first post on cb.com, but, I have used this site previously to obtain info and it's has been a wonderful help to me. MY ISSUE: I have a Blackberry 7520 on a Boostmobile unlimited account. When I install BB Maps from the Blackberry site it shows as installing correctly but after all is finished my 7520 Shows the BB Maps icon on the home screen, but, not in the applications section of my bberry. If i do a "reset" then the icon "disappears" and I have to install all over again. A Tech friend of mine suggested that it's not installing "fully/correctly". I can't find any post with this subject. Can someone please help me out. I truely appreciate it. I have gotten the internal GPS function on my BB to work, now I'm looking for a program that looks good and works nicely. Thanks.
    09-29-09 01:57 PM
    The best thing to do is to make sure you have your OS on your desktop computer. Once you do that, you should see the app in Desktop Manager and can install from there.
    09-29-09 03:29 PM
    I have DM 5.0 and BB Software v4.1.0.380 and it still doesn't show on DM?
    Last edited by some12know; 09-29-09 at 04:00 PM.
    09-29-09 03:51 PM
    It doesn't look like it's installing into my phone. It show the icon and it works until I "reset" my bb. Then icon is gone. When I plugg bb into Desktop Manager there is no box for a checkmark for BB Maps. Like my pc isn't seeing the program or something. Please help me. (((( Am I missing a service book or a .dll or something? ))))
    09-29-09 04:25 PM
    I actually located the link for:

Software Download for BlackBerry Maps

BlackBerry Maps version 1.0 for smartphones running OS ver 4.1
    BlackBerry Maps version 1.1 for smartphones running OS ver 4.2.0 & 4.2.1.
    BlackBerry Maps version 1.2 for smartphones running OS ver 4.2.2 & higher

UNABLE TO POST THE LINK BUT, MORGOTH, HAS IT POSTED!

THANKS A MILLION PLUS, MORGOTH!
    10-01-09 11:05 AM
    I have the opposite problem.

It's listed in my application list, but nowhere on my device.
    10-02-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD