After upgrading my Curve (VZW) to the latest software, BB Maps and Google Maps were working fine. Last week, I activated my BB with my office's BES, and then found that my BB Maps wasn't working. I went into Options --> Advanced Options --> GPS to make sure nothing had been changed in that menu, and got a message stating that my GPS or location tracking had been "remotely disabled."

Can anyone help me with this? My IT department isn't sure what is going on. Can anyone here help me?
    12-11-08 08:27 AM
    Could need your service books resent after the upgrade. No advice on BES from me.
    12-11-08 08:38 AM
    Usually what happens when you activate your device with the BES office network, you are not restricted by the BES policies of your company. When you try and browse your data/internet/gps all that data is now routed through your BES setup. So if the IT setup a restrictive policy or security standards, you are not held to them on your device.

It is much more complicated, but if you want your GPS to work, remove your device from the BES environment. This is easier then creating a new security policy for just 1 device.
    12-11-08 12:16 PM
    I am using 8900 for last two years and device GPS was working fine for me, recently i have updgraded the software and find out that GPS is not picking up my location. so I went into the setting>>advance settings>>GPS, it gave me message that your device is remotly disabled for location tracking.

I searched over internet but unable to get the solution to my query. I am using enterprise services and I know that there are certain policies which IT pushes but there is no such policy which restrict GPS functuning.

I have downgraded my device software but the problem remains the same. I also reset my handset but this also didn't provide any help.

so please help

thanks in adv
    MIZ
    09-20-12 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD