Hi guys. Need your advise here. For starters, I am living in Malaysia.

I am a big fan of Gmap and been using it since I got my BB. However, I got a little adventures yesterday and installed BB MAp. I love it due to the fact that BB Map is more 'specific' compared to Google Map.

However, I have this problem where I try to search for location A on BB Map. Tried like 5 times and could't even locate it at all! So I thought it was luck so i try Google Map to try out. First try and already I found the place.

So is this normal or...did I do something wrong with BB map in searching? Always have a huge problem when I use my BB Map to search for location.

Any suggestion please?
    03-20-11 06:59 AM
    I haven't used BB Maps in a very long time as I like Google Maps much better. It might be that Google Maps has a more complete global mapping system that BB Maps. I'm guessing you might have to use them both depending on what you are wanting to do. I know this isn't the ideal solution, but might get you through.
    03-20-11 08:31 AM
    I haven't used BB Maps in a very long time as I like Google Maps much better. It might be that Google Maps has a more complete global mapping system that BB Maps. I'm guessing you might have to use them both depending on what you are wanting to do. I know this isn't the ideal solution, but might get you through.
    I noticed the databases are different for the two applications, but slight changes in the way you type the address usually do the trick ("Elm St." to "Elm Street" and stuff like that). All in all, both will always (for me at least) find the same places.

BB Maps' use of the GPS seems a tad more accurate than Google Maps, but I prefer Google's, because of Latitude and Layers really.
    03-20-11 09:39 AM
    Overall, Google Maps is a better product than BB Maps.
    03-20-11 09:49 AM
    yeah google maps is a better product than bb maps
    03-20-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD