hi everyone. i recently moved to a mac which i love. i hear RIM is coming out with a sync for mac.

i have a bit of a dilemma. have been using missing synch and my trial is prolly over. should i pay the $40 and purchase or wait for rim's mac version?

- quality of new production releases. tired to being a 'tester'. just want the product to work out the box.

- do they release on time? i've heard september; but traditionally has it been on the release date or it's a 'floating' date.

thanks.
    08-23-09 12:12 PM
    are you looking for something like desktop manager? i dont think there is anything out there at moment besides a pay program, hopefully soon as there is this article posted..

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-des...ac-walkthrough
    08-23-09 12:40 PM
    i would just wait for the DM to come out for mac! It will be out in September...that is only right around the corner!
    08-23-09 12:47 PM
    Yep, I would wait for DM for Mac.
    08-23-09 01:12 PM
    what's the quality of their production releases?? is it, wait 3-6 months after release till majority of bugs are fixed, to purchase. that's my concern. thanks
    08-23-09 07:26 PM
    Just wait for DM for Mac. I just sync my Bold on my Windows PC for now, but once DM for Mac is released I'm switching everything over to my MacBook.
    08-23-09 07:49 PM
    timing is on ur side...waiting a few weeks sounds pretty good compared to me....i got my mac quite a while ago and ended up buying missing sync...im really happy with it so far, proximity sync is really my friend...

we'll see how much love RIM has for Mac users when they drop DM in sept...
    08-23-09 08:09 PM
    does anyone know the quality of their production releases?

mnotar91 - thanks, but i'm moving away from pcs - i now use mac ical and such, so hot synching to pc side wouldn't work for me. i don't have any productivity software (calendar, etc.) on vm side
    08-24-09 10:11 AM
    Well, usually Apple releases are stellar, and in this case, I imagine that RIM is working with Apple developers to be sure this software runs as well as Apple would like it to run.

As for Missing Sync, I don't find it reliable enough. I back up to the Virtual Machine using Outlook and the defaults, whatever they are. Not so I can view them, but so I can back them up TO the phone, if ever needed.
    08-24-09 05:08 PM
    Has anyone used Palm with Mac and then converted to BB? Can the Palm calendar, address book etc be converted onto the BB?
    08-24-09 05:13 PM
    Absolutely a Palm sync/backup can be migrated to the BB. Just use the Change Device part of Desktop Manager.

My Dad just did this from a Palm Treo to a Blackberry Storm. Took only a couple of minutes, and completely migrated all his palm contacts and calendar over.
    08-24-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD