Is there any word from BB on the subject? Some time ago John Chen expressed some kind of interest in BB going back to making its own phones.
    03-16-20 04:20 PM
    Is there any word from BB on the subject? Some time ago John Chen expressed some kind of interest in BB going back to making its own phones.
    Can't imagine after 4 failed attempts anyone else would be dumb enough to come forward.

Best hope is that BlackBerry's keyboard IP makes it out somewhere in the future.
    03-16-20 04:24 PM
    Isn't BB out of the Hardware business????? Why would they be looking for any Partners....

Edit: There this thread also.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/genera.../#post13495439
    03-16-20 07:45 PM
    The answer to the OP's question, is a resounding NO!
    John Albert and neoberry99 like this.
    03-16-20 08:12 PM
    if someone is stupid enough to waste tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to license and manufacture phones that won't turn a profit, BlackBerry will GLADLY take their money.

with a global recession looming, I have serious doubts you're going to find any company that stupid right now.
    03-17-20 05:15 AM
    if someone is stupid enough to waste tens or hundreds of millions of dollars to license and manufacture phones that won't turn a profit, BlackBerry will GLADLY take their money.

with a global recession looming, I have serious doubts you're going to find any company that stupid right now.
    Yep, the effects of Corona may have dampened anyone’s interest who was even slightly interested.

There are 3 manufacturers who are probably going to see the greatest influence for the next few months:

- Apple with the iPhone 11 and iPhone XR, their timing with the deals on these devices may have seriously saved them.
    - Samsung with Galaxy A devices, they did a great job by building the Galaxy A brand
    - Huawei, their Lite series and Honor series of phones should see a great deal of sales in areas like China

The niche manufacturers will probably scaling back heavily as they simply cannot afford to expose themselves too much financially, even banks are going to get a lot stricter on borrowers.
    03-17-20 07:08 AM
    There are 3 manufacturers who are probably going to see the greatest influence for the next few months:

- Apple with the iPhone 11 and iPhone XR
    - Samsung with Galaxy A devices
    - Huawei, their Lite series and Honor series
    -Yawn

-Yawn

-Yawn

Nothing exciting here, keep it moving...
    Jake2826, BBHermes and cribble2k like this.
    03-17-20 07:16 AM
    -Yawn

-Yawn

-Yawn

Regardless, it doesn’t make any PKB in the past nor the future exciting. Nobody cared to save the form in our generation. Our kids generation just snicker and laugh. PKBs are the coffeecan exhausts on 4 cylinder cars driven by adults looking for attention for them.
    03-17-20 07:27 AM
    -Yawn

-Yawn

-Yawn

And yet, that's what the vast majority of consumers want. So you, and anybody else who wants an alternate form factor, will most likely end up being out of luck.
    Tsepz_GP and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-20 08:30 AM
    -Yawn

-Yawn

-Yawn

Exciting? Why is that a thing? It's just a phone.

As long as it does what I need it to do, and performs adequately for me without issue, then it serves its purpose.

My phone needs to help me get the job done. I don't need it to dance a jig on my desk.
    03-17-20 08:47 AM
    It's just a phone.
    Exactly!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-20 08:49 AM
    Exciting? Why is that a thing? It's just a phone.
    So a device that costs several hundreds of dollars at the minimum and that is pretty much always gonna be on you shouldn't be exciting to use?

It doesn't have to be a "boring appliance" only.
    BBHermes likes this.
    03-17-20 09:21 AM
    Our kids generation just snicker and laugh.
    Does that make a PKB any less accurate or enjoyable to use?

PKBs are the coffeecan exhausts on 4 cylinder cars driven by adults looking for attention for them.
    ...or for people who actually want to enjoy typing on mobile.
    03-17-20 09:26 AM
    So a device that costs several hundreds of dollars at the minimum and that is pretty much always gonna be on you shouldn't be exciting to use?

It doesn't have to be a "boring appliance" only.
    It's a device that I constantly use to do a whole lot of different things. That's why they cost so much.

Because I take mine on jobsites to take in-progress construction photos and use it to show design drawings, it is a utility that I keep in an ugly Otterbox case.

Now, when I got my S9, it was a good deal from AT&T (for me and my oldest son). But, my next phone won't be all glass. I've grown to hate that aspect, and the curved edges - but because of ergonomic and durability issues - not for lack of some perceived excitement.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-20 09:35 AM
    It's a device that I constantly use to do a whole lot of different things. That's why they cost so much.

Because I take mine on jobsites to take in-progress construction photos and use it to show design drawings, it is a utility that I keep in an ugly Otterbox case.

Now, when I got my S9, it was a good deal from AT&T (for me and my oldest son). But, my next phone won't be all glass. I've grown to hate that aspect, and the curved edges - but because of ergonomic and durability issues - not for lack of some perceived excitement.
    Okay, but I'm still of the opinion that a costly device that's gonna be used regularly, multiple times a day, every day, for several years, should be somewhat exciting to use.
    03-17-20 09:37 AM
    Okay, but I'm still of the opinion that a costly device that's gonna be used regularly, multiple times a day, every day, for several years, should be somewhat exciting to use.
    Not me. I just want boring and efficient, like any other tool. My tech exists to make me money, not to entertain me. When it's working properly, I don't even think about it.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-20 09:46 AM
    Not me. I just want boring and efficient, like any other tool. My tech exists to make me money, not to entertain me. When it's working properly, I don't even think about it.

Do you enjoy using your Z10?
    03-17-20 09:49 AM
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOPE. Lets think on this John Chen has said lot's of things going back to BlackBerry OS 10 than Android by BlackBerry. We all know how that has worked out. I think he likes to talk and float trial balloons, makes for great chat.
    03-17-20 10:07 AM
    Do you enjoy using your Z10?
    That's not a word I would use. I enjoy the things I use it for, managing my relationships with customers and partners, and writing for various online outlets, but I don't enjoy it, or any device, on its own.

I use the Z10 because its features match my needs better than other devices. If I could manage my professional obligations without any mobile phone, that would be my preference.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-20 10:25 AM
    That's not a word I would use. I enjoy the things I use it for, managing my relationships with customers and partners, and writing for various online outlets, but I don't enjoy it, or any device, on its own.

I use the Z10 because its features match my needs better than other devices. If I could manage my professional obligations without any mobile phone, that would be my preference.

And there's nothing wrong with enjoying your device, whether for its software or hardware attributes.
    03-17-20 10:38 AM
    And there's nothing wrong with enjoying your device, whether for its software or hardware attributes.
    Never said there was, but when I want enjoyment, I don't pick up a phone!

03-17-20 10:39 AM
    Never said there was, but when I want enjoyment, I don't pick up a phone!

Lol you mixed things up, I never implied that using a phone is gonna replace a boat ride.
    03-17-20 10:41 AM
    Lol you mixed things up, I never implied that using a phone is gonna replace a boat ride.
    Let's just say I "prefer" my Z10 to other options. That's the most accurate way to say it.

03-17-20 10:55 AM
    Does that make a PKB any less accurate or enjoyable to use?

...or for people who actually want to enjoy typing on mobile.
    It doesn’t matter to people that have no interest with the form. The mindset simply means there’s zero interest. Companies have zero interest to support a product that’s a guaranteed money loser. If the big companies aren’t going to get additional profits for the expense and risk, their shareholders won’t stand for the complete waste of money for handful of people’s enjoyment.

The Unihertz Titan proves how amazing the Key2 sales were relatively speaking. Probably 10-12X the sales volume and same level of advertising. KEYone was 10-15X the sales volume of Key2 from all the OEMs involved. Fight a full residential fire with 1,2 or 3 garden hoses licensed for use by the local fire department won’t help the property owner nor the fire department fundraising next year selling more licensed garden hoses.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-20 11:10 AM
    How’s a PKB or VKB any more or less exciting to USE? Exactly how would explain or frame that in advertising?!? How does one demonstrate EXCITED use? I’ve personally never found any kind of typing exciting...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-20 11:13 AM
145 123 ...