Ok so this is weird. The old BB Desktop software would always prompt when a new version was released. BB Link doesnt seem to do that.

Why I mention that, there is a new BBLink 1.1.1.32 released today. 6/27
    juice1179 and Mecca EL like this.
    06-27-13 01:30 PM
    Ok so this is weird. The old BB Desktop software would always prompt when a new version was released. BB Link doesnt seem to do that.

Why I mention that, there is a new BBLink 1.1.1.32 released today. 6/27
    Thanks! Note for others: seems to be Windows only. Here's a quick link:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0E31AF7485EE07
    undone likes this.
    06-27-13 01:38 PM
    Thanks! Note for others: seems to be Windows only. Here's a quick link:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0E31AF7485EE07
    How do you update it from the current version that I am using on my PC which is 1.1.1.26. Don't really want to have to go through redoing all the sync stuff as it's working so great now and I'm able to sync with outlook 2007 with zero issues. Using Windows 7 on both my PC and Netbook--and the reason I'm on here is that I just downloaded the 1.1.1.26 version to my netbook so I could sync both places and it loaded the new .32 version. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks!!
    06-27-13 03:44 PM
    How do you update it from the current version that I am using on my PC which is 1.1.1.26. Don't really want to have to go through redoing all the sync stuff as it's working so great now and I'm able to sync with outlook 2007 with zero issues. Using Windows 7 on both my PC and Netbook--and the reason I'm on here is that I just downloaded the 1.1.1.26 version to my netbook so I could sync both places and it loaded the new .32 version. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks!!
    Just uninstall. There's an option to select deleting user settings. Leave this blank.
    06-27-13 03:47 PM
    Just uninstall. There's an option to select deleting user settings. Leave this blank.
    I'd just install over the current version first. Should be ok, no?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 03:59 PM
    I'd just install over the current version first. Should be ok, no?

Posted via CB10
    That's all I do, all we should have to do in my opinion
    06-27-13 04:10 PM
    go1ndr, just install over. No need to uninstall the present version of Link. Works fine with no problems. So did you take the plunge and get that Q10?
    06-27-13 05:23 PM
    go1ndr, just install over. No need to uninstall the present version of Link. Works fine with no problems. So did you take the plunge and get that Q10?
    Hey stranger! Yep and LOVE IT! Mecca says its best to uninstall the older version 1.1.1.26 first as there my be some issues with it. I'm actually have some issues with the 1.1.1.26 right now as we speak. Its not syncing correctly for the first time as I changed the config on the calendar sync to include all entries. Not sure why but doing a one way sync of calendar now on main PC from Outlook 2007 calendar to device. Then will go back to 2-way sync and hope this works!!!! How's the Z10 working? Still loving it!
    06-27-13 05:38 PM
    Hey stranger! Yep and LOVE IT! Mecca says its best to uninstall the older version 1.1.1.26 first as there my be some issues with it. I'm actually have some issues with the 1.1.1.26 right now as we speak. Its not syncing correctly for the first time as I changed the config on the calendar sync to include all entries. Not sure why but doing a one way sync of calendar now on main PC from Outlook 2007 calendar to device. Then will go back to 2-way sync and hope this works!!!! How's the Z10 working? Still loving it!
    Yes, still loving it. What is there not to love? not that I would ever disagree with Mecca, but I didn't uninstall to install the update. If you want to err on the side of caution, then uninstall the existing Link version. I didn't and it works great on my Vista computer at home. Can't say the same for my work computer. So I guess I will be uninstalling then reinstalling this version. My work computer is XP.

As always, when Mecca speaks, we should listen.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    06-27-13 06:38 PM
    Yes, still loving it. What is there not to love? not that I would ever disagree with Mecca, but I didn't uninstall to install the update. If you want to err on the side of caution, then uninstall the existing Link version. I didn't and it works great on my Vista computer at home. Can't say the same for my work computer. So I guess I will be uninstalling then reinstalling this version. My work computer is XP.

As always, when Mecca speaks, we should listen.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    So True! I love it when he writes something on here and no one believes him--LOL! You need to trade that old XP on at least W7-W8 is cool but hard to get used to and it doesn't play well with a lot of stuff.
    06-27-13 06:49 PM
    HELP! Ok, new link ver installed and when I did the first sync both ways with my Outlook 2007, it put duplicate copies of the contacts on both device and Outlook calendar--Not all 1100 contacts thank God--but a lot of them. So I slowly deleted all the dups from my phone and Outlook and did a resync both ways--damn if it didn't do it again. Any ideas on how to fix this problem. It may be that its picking up the dups from other calendars like LinkedIn and FB plus the usuall BBLink and Outlook. I turned all of the contacts off in the phone contact settings and it still show the local contacts which seems upto day (time will tell) but I'm afraid to sync again so I need some guidance please. Thanks guys!
    06-27-13 09:21 PM
    HELP! Ok, new link ver installed and when I did the first sync both ways with my Outlook 2007, it put duplicate copies of the contacts on both device and Outlook calendar--Not all 1100 contacts thank God--but a lot of them. So I slowly deleted all the dups from my phone and Outlook and did a resync both ways--damn if it didn't do it again. Any ideas on how to fix this problem. It may be that its picking up the dups from other calendars like LinkedIn and FB plus the usuall BBLink and Outlook. I turned all of the contacts off in the phone contact settings and it still show the local contacts which seems upto day (time will tell) but I'm afraid to sync again so I need some guidance please. Thanks guys!

UPDATE
    : 1100 contacts takes a while to sort through. Only maybe 50-75 had duplicates and triplicates but I read what seems to be a secret on the (what else) "Help" app under troubleshooting. It seems that when you sync your contacts (and calendar) it automatically syncs with "All" of your different contact apps, i.e. Facebook, Gmail, Outlook.com, OUTLOOK 2007/2010, LinkendIn, Twitter, etc. So if a contact is your contact in any or all of these apps, it creates duplicate contacts in both your device and your PC. HOWEVER--there is a way to "link" them all together. Start by "turning on" all of your contact sources on the Contact application>top settings gear. Then open up your contacts like normal (remember that all these have to be turned on or you'll end up repeating again) and slowly go through each one of the contacts. When you do find a dupicate, tap on the contact (hold down for a min) and you'll have the side menu come up. On the side menu is a box with a check mark in it> click on the checkmark box and then on each of the duplicate or triplicate contacts and they will highlight. Then in the same menu, click on the top person with the "sideways bowtie" looking icon and it will link your duplicate contacts together. Read about it in the "HELP" icon on your home screen under contacts>trouble shooting>duplicates.
    Now, I'm going to go through my Outlook contacts and delete or remove the ones I don't need and duplicates, and then the big test-----resync and see what happens--and then report back.
    I sure hope this helps others and me with this issue. Thanks for reading and I would like to hear comments back please.
    06-28-13 02:24 PM

UPDATE
    : 1100 contacts takes a while to sort through. Only maybe 50-75 had duplicates and triplicates but I read what seems to be a secret on the (what else) "Help" app under troubleshooting. It seems that when you sync your contacts (and calendar) it automatically syncs with "All" of your different contact apps, i.e. Facebook, Gmail, Outlook.com, OUTLOOK 2007/2010, LinkendIn, Twitter, etc. So if a contact is your contact in any or all of these apps, it creates duplicate contacts in both your device and your PC. HOWEVER--there is a way to "link" them all together. Start by "turning on" all of your contact sources on the Contact application>top settings gear. Then open up your contacts like normal (remember that all these have to be turned on or you'll end up repeating again) and slowly go through each one of the contacts. When you do find a dupicate, tap on the contact (hold down for a min) and you'll have the side menu come up. On the side menu is a box with a check mark in it> click on the checkmark box and then on each of the duplicate or triplicate contacts and they will highlight. Then in the same menu, click on the top person with the "sideways bowtie" looking icon and it will link your duplicate contacts together. Read about it in the "HELP" icon on your home screen under contacts>trouble shooting>duplicates.
    Now, I'm going to go through my Outlook contacts and delete or remove the ones I don't need and duplicates, and then the big test-----resync and see what happens--and then report back.
    I sure hope this helps others and me with this issue. Thanks for reading and I would like to hear comments back please.
    LOL! When all else fails, read the directions. I feel your pain and had the same issue. One of the issues you deal with in switching devices and OS. Once you get it fixed, you should be good to go.
    06-28-13 02:38 PM
    LOL! When all else fails, read the directions. I feel your pain and had the same issue. One of the issues you deal with in switching devices and OS. Once you get it fixed, you should be good to go.
    Hey there! Wow--just got done going through my Outlook and the device. Linked all the device dups and actually deleted or moved the dups on my Outlook to another folder. Now comes the big moment, will it sync or will have to screw with this all weekend. The one good thing is that its set on Link to Not remove the Outlook information so at least int theory, I shouldn't lose all of it. Wish me luck buddy!
    06-28-13 03:01 PM
    Nice to see some friendly faces again (newcollector, go1ndr)! Go1ndr, you're not alone in the device-changing madness! I had some failures during my 9810-->Z10 switch, and had a few hair-pulling moments! But I've had several successes as well. We're here to help! And good luck.
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-28-13 03:15 PM
    OOPS. Back to topic:
    I uninstalled the prior version, then installed the update. With all things BB10 (leaks included), clean installs seem to be the best way to go.
    06-28-13 03:21 PM
    Nice to see some friendly faces again (newcollector, go1ndr)! Go1ndr, you're not alone in the device-changing madness! I had some failures during my 9810-->Z10 switch, and had a few hair-pulling moments! But I've had several successes as well. We're here to help! And good luck.
    Hey BBNew-how you doing? Yep-this duplicate issue has been the only snag since getting the Q10, and I guess if bother to read the help manuals up front instead of after the problem like me-lol-there may not be any at all. On your other post, Mecca told me to always use a clean install so I go with what he says--he is the "Master" after all

I haven't synced yet since the "Linking of contacts" so will see what happens. It's a must that I maintain my Outlook 2007 contacts as it's my business which is my life, so can't screw that up for sure.
    Glad your doing well with your Z. I loved the Z just feel more at home with keys. Hell, it takes my an hour to write a small paragraph with my tablet, let alone a phone-
    Azensun likes this.
    06-28-13 04:23 PM
    June 28, 2013 3:25 pm PDT
    UPDATE:

It Worked! After following the steps above, I took the plunge with nothing but faith and did a calendar and contact sync using the new 1.1.1.32 Link and the system outlined above.
    The sync went flawlessly with only one instance where the warning box came up (just like its supposed to) to warn me that a few contacts were going to be deleted from my contacts on my PC/Outlook 2007. There were about 10 and after looking at them, I clicked continue and bingo, everything synced as its supposed to with NO duplicates. The only odd thing is that one of the contacts was the Burbank Hilton Hotel (now a Marriott but left it as Burbank) was one that was deleted from my PC, but if I type in the Outlook 2007 search box for it, it magically appears and it still does show in my device contacts, so no idea where it is in the PC contact list but if I need it, I can do a search again. That said it was a leap of faith and some good old ask for directions reading but the problem seems to be solved.
    I am going to make an outline of the steps as I've seen it all over the forums, and post it for others that may need it as they are suffering throught it as well. Thanks and good luck!
    06-28-13 05:28 PM