Hi, I'm Kate and I would love to buy phone like BB Classic but I hear rumors that it's not going to be supported. Is that mean that everything will just stop working on it one day? I don't need much apps on it. I just use like two or three. Also - what I really want to ask is - is there going to be any new phone from BB like Classic with phisical button for picikng up and closing the call and this trackpad?
    07-26-16 03:53 AM
    The fact that there are people out there still using their bold n curve models,blackberry classic is a workhorse and it would definitely work as long as u want,,sadly classic is the last device with the toolbelt but a device with keyboard like classic is under work[ROME] and is expected to hit the markets in early 2017.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 08:41 AM
    I have Z10 and i love it.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 01:04 PM
    Depends on what apps you need on it. If any of them are Whatsapp, Facebook, or Snapchat, you are probably better off to see what their next Android offering with a physical keyboard will be.

I still use the Classic as my daily driver and I love it but, if I were looking to buy it today, I would really take my time to weigh out the pros and cons. It looks like the future of BlackBerry devices will be with Android and BB10 will likely continue to lose the support of many apps which people depend on.
    08-05-16 01:08 PM
    Depends on what apps you need on it. If any of them are Whatsapp, Facebook, or Snapchat, you are probably better off to see what their next Android offering with a physical keyboard will be.

I still use the Classic as my daily driver and I love it but, if I were looking to buy it today, I would really take my time to weigh out the pros and cons. It looks like the future of BlackBerry devices will be with Android and BB10 will likely continue to lose the support of many apps which people depend on.
    I heard that you can use these apps. Is there something I dont know about these apps? Im planning to buy bb classic and I use whatsapp and facebook, should I reconsider my options?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-06-16 04:55 AM
    I heard that you can use these apps. Is there something I dont know about these apps? Im planning to buy bb classic and I use whatsapp and facebook, should I reconsider my options?

If WhatsApp and Facebook are necessities for you, skip the Classic or any other BB10 device.

*C5303
    anon(4243545) likes this.
    08-06-16 06:00 AM

Whatsapp is officially ending their support for the BB10 platform at the end of 2016 and the Android version does not behave as fluidly as the native one. There are also issues with sending media though there are some work-arounds that allow the sending of pictures but not video. Anyway, not the ideal scenario.

The Facebook app for BB10 has already been killed off. Those with the old version still have it working (though some functionality is buggy and will only get worse ; many types of posts that you receive notifications for will respond with a "This post could not be loaded" message). There are 3rd party facebook applications available but because facebook seems to keep changing the way their APIs work, these apps are also buggy in my opinion. The best way to access facebook is through their mobile website which works fine for my needs and many others but it will still be a rather big compromise for many, coming from a fluid and fully-integrated native app experience.

Honestly, the Classic will still be useable, and there will be ways to keep Whatsapp and Facebook working in some form. However you will need to be prepared to do some work and jump through some hoops to have them on your device and likely to keep them functioning at what might well be below the level of their equivalents on other platforms.

If I was thinking of getting a new device, again, it would probably be one of BlackBerry's Android offerings. The Classic has ended it's production officially by BlackBerry and BB10 is continuing to lose support for apps. If you are hoping for a smooth and seamless experience with your device for the next 2+ years, the Classic is not your best choice unfortunately.
    08-06-16 12:09 PM
    I've got a Classic and for me it's a great phone. I spend a lot of time travelling so a physical keyboard for sending emails is very handy.
    I'm also still using my 9860 on a daily basis as well.
    08-11-16 11:35 PM
    Blackberry has announced that they are no longer making the BB Classic, which is sad because I have one and I love it! I heard in the press conference where they released the DTEK 50 that they are working on four more devices, one of them being an android base device with a full keyboard like the classic. They also claim that they are still supporting BB10 100%.
    08-14-16 10:49 PM
    BlackBerry should talk to whatsapp and facebook team to sort out this issue else many of BlackBerry fans will abandon their BB devices and switch to Android or iOS.
    08-16-16 06:31 AM
    They also claim that they are still supporting BB10 100%.
    Where is this claimed? If so then it is a flat-out lie.
    08-16-16 07:35 AM
    BlackBerry should talk to whatsapp and facebook team to sort out this issue else many of BlackBerry fans will abandon their BB devices and switch to Android or iOS.
    Pretty sure Chen and company are aware of how this will effect the userbase....

But as BB10 is already being phased out, and BlackBerry really doesn't care about existing users (past experience with STORM and PlayBook).... what's the point? Too be honest Chen would love for most all BB10 users to switch to Android. As long as it's one of their new Android powered BlackBerries.

His core customers, high security enterprise probably don't need those apps anyway.
    08-17-16 07:24 AM
    Pretty sure Chen and company are aware of how this will effect the userbase....

But as BB10 is already being phased out, and BlackBerry really doesn't care about existing users (past experience with STORM and PlayBook).... what's the point? Too be honest Chen would love for most all BB10 users to switch to Android. As long as it's one of their new Android powered BlackBerries.

His core customers, high security enterprise probably don't need those apps anyway.
    You are right. I have always wished the best for TeamBlackBerry
    08-19-16 08:50 AM
    You are right. I have always wished the best for TeamBlackBerry
    If only TeamBlackBerry had felt the same about their customers...... but they have always been a business, and sadly one that really never understood consumers.
    08-19-16 10:52 AM
    If it was decent, and sized/shaped like the Classic or 9900, I would get two.
    08-19-16 12:36 PM
    The BlackBerry/Android collaboration that I would be most interested in was a permanent physical keyboard Android. I would pre-order that device in a heartbeat.
    09-18-16 11:41 AM
    They have got to start getting more keyboard phones out. It's the only thing that defines BlackBerry from other companies and will get people to return to the hardware. I know a good number of people who love the look of my Passport, but won't get it due to the BlackBerry OS (idiots), but if they want a proper keyboard. Why is BlackBerry waiting?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 05:51 AM
    Nice ;-)

Sent via BB Q10
    09-27-16 03:59 AM
    Just a thought, is it even possible to create a forked version of Android to accommodate the square screen like on the Classic or Passport? A full sized screen with a fixed keyboard on the bottom is not so practical
    10-07-16 10:23 PM
    Just a thought, is it even possible to create a forked version of Android to accommodate the square screen like on the Classic or Passport? A full sized screen with a fixed keyboard on the bottom is not so practical
    Forked... sure. As long as BlackBerry (or whoever does it) doesn't need to stay on good terms with Google.

But WHY would they do it? A Forked version of Android loses all "official" access to Google Play.. It would sell like Snow Cones in a Blizzard.
    10-12-16 03:31 PM
    @birddog, I agree. BB Classic is a work horse and should continue to work. But you may not have all the new applications.
    10-14-16 12:28 AM
    They should just REMAKE/RE-RELEASE the BOLD9900 with betetr specs and BB10 or Android.
    10-17-16 05:01 PM
    A remake of the classic or bold wig a faster system and android capabilities would be perfect... enough of this giant pieces of glass that barely fit in your pocket and are paper thin... a sturdy phone withh android capabilities would be fantastic. I hope the mercury doesn't take away the tool belt or trackpad, my favorite part
    10-21-16 01:44 AM
    BBOS and BB10 are dead... sorry but that is the way it is - there will be no phones release running either of those OS.

New PKB Android phone with the BlackBerry trademark keyboard.... that just depends on if someone will license it and release into whatever market you are in. But the chances of the promised Mercury by the end of the fiscal year..... if everyone waiting on the Mercury goes out and buys five DTEK60's, it might happen.
    10-21-16 02:14 PM
    A remake of the classic or bold wig a faster system and android capabilities would be perfect... enough of this giant pieces of glass that barely fit in your pocket and are paper thin... a sturdy phone withh android capabilities would be fantastic. I hope the mercury doesn't take away the tool belt or trackpad, my favorite part
    01-21-17 10:37 PM
31 12