09-13-12 05:33 PM
41 12
tools
    I think the bans are due to people trying to turn BlackBerry positive threads into debates. And its happening a lot. The Mods will handle the offenders if you report them.
    09-09-12 04:30 PM
    Ah,,, Yeah but you can't just drag-n-drop them. You have to use "A Program".
    What do you think you're using when you're doing the "drag-and-drop"? Aren't you using "a program" as in the whole operating system to transfer your stuff. Trust me, I'm not a fan of iTunes either but I use iTunes match so all my music stays in the cloud now and I can access it from any of ios devices and I also uploaded some music to Google music as well since it's free so it's there as well. The only point I'm trying to make here is that there are easier and better ways to access your music nowadays than just drag-and-drop.
    09-09-12 04:52 PM
    I was reading this and the ops experience is exactly mine, except for the not liking the playbook. I love mine. I have tried other phones and they work good but I like bb better. I came in with the 9800, so the 5 yo bb that are constantly compared to the latest android/apple phones doesn't registered with me. Also, the Apple elite are out in strength today! I know, just making sure iphone is properly represented on crackberry.
    Last edited by christenmartin; 09-09-12 at 05:37 PM.
    G-SRT4 likes this.
    09-09-12 05:34 PM
    I have the 4s and love it but really miss the 9930 physical keyboard! I hope the bb10 qwerty brings good battery life with nice camera! Oh and a few key apps would be nice also! I have been so tempted to go back to 9930 but just cant pull the trigger! I am thinking (assuming the bb10 qwerty is the real deal) that bb qwerty with an ipad would be perfect combo for this guy! Time will tell!
    09-09-12 05:54 PM
    I am switching back to my 9930 after trying the wifes old Iphone 4s. I loved the eco system of apple, but hated the contacts layout and email. I think I missed every phone call on that phone. I need a physical keyboard, I will keep my Ipod touch for the apps and music that it rules for over the BB.

I did notice that I rarely touched the Playbook during the apple trial. I do see trying out a windows phone that would marry up to MS office better than a Blackberry.....
    Last edited by powellcrazy; 09-09-12 at 06:02 PM.
    09-09-12 06:00 PM
    Cant wait! Q1? Ayyyyyy
    christenmartin likes this.
    09-09-12 06:06 PM
    What do you think you're using when you're doing the "drag-and-drop"? Aren't you using "a program" as in the whole operating system to transfer your stuff. Trust me, I'm not a fan of iTunes either but I use iTunes match so all my music stays in the cloud now and I can access it from any of ios devices and I also uploaded some music to Google music as well since it's free so it's there as well. The only point I'm trying to make here is that there are easier and better ways to access your music nowadays than just drag-and-drop.
    I don't use Cloud or Google services you mention - all my files (I don't only work with music files) are on my desktop or laptop. So if I were to do what you suggest, I would have to upload all my files (work files, music files, video files, picture files, etc, etc,) to Cloud or Google (or go through iTunes) before I can get it on an Apple product. Or...I can just connect my Walkman or BB via Bluetooth or USB and transfer file and be on my way. Do note that not everyone uses online storage systems (or not for all files)...for me, it's security issues related to work.

On another note (and this is not in response to Rimfun or anyone here), but rather just a general comment, that many current BlackBerry users (or users of any platform) have tried, looked at, considered, and/or researched other mobile platforms. This includes myself. Had Apple products provided me what I personally need and want in my device, I probably wouldn't be using a BB right now. I'm not loyal to any particular brand but I am loyal to what I like and what works for me.
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 09-09-12 at 08:35 PM.
    09-09-12 08:25 PM
    Now that added a lot in any forum, but especially a Blackberry forum. Let me guess, you're stuck with an iPhone?

R...

Why compare a brickberry to a iphone
    09-09-12 09:48 PM
    yes, not everyone using cloud storage simply because it is not safe! i would not upload anything personal or work related. and I dislike the automatic cloud thing on iOS. i know you can turn it off and it sounds great if you take a photo with one device you can see it on the other with bigger screen but once you upload something that stays there forever.
    09-10-12 11:30 AM
    I mean the build quality of the Iphone the looks and feel really 5star I think no argue but then there is problem with the antenna which is very annoying
    What antenna issue with the 4S?
    09-10-12 05:26 PM
    Well an update after having my 9930 back for a couple days.

Love the qwerty keyboad, dislike the small screen. Things I thought were the bomb on a BB when I had the Iphone, really are not any better than the Iphone.
    Really like the notification light.
    9930 cons, no hot spot without paying out the nose to verizon. Didnt realize just how slow the processor really is until going back to it, very slow, painfully slow.

Iphone pluses, jailbroke = free hot spot for my other devices and laptop.

Cant wait for Apples anouncement of there new Iphone 5 tomorrow. May go get one very soon. to hold me over until the BB10 arrives someday.
    09-11-12 08:22 PM
    The poster obviously did not even have a 4s otherwise he would have known there is no antenna issue. In fact the antenna sensitivity is better than 90% of the phones out there - I have only seen the Motorola Droid line get better signal.

As far as only needing a phone for skype and no other apps - why not just get a flip phone? If you don't care about having apps, or a camera, or an ecosystem you should not be paying for a smartphone.

You are much better of with a pre-paid or free flip-phone.
    It seems you have never had an iphone before. My kids have had nothing but problems with their iphone4s which was ok when it was cool. Now they consider it a loser "old" people phone and now ask for the SG3. I will make them wait until BB10 comes out and then have them pick. iphone5 looks dead in the water already.
    09-11-12 09:29 PM
    It seems you have never had an iphone before. My kids have had nothing but problems with their iphone4s which was ok when it was cool. Now they consider it a loser "old" people phone and now ask for the SG3. I will make them wait until BB10 comes out and then have them pick. iphone5 looks dead in the water already.
    Er... I own the 4 (the one that had the antenna issue, except it never affected me since it varied depending on body chemistry a good chunk of the time) and have never, ever had a problem with it. Ever. No lockups. No shut downs. No dropped calls in the over a year it was my primary driver. The same goes for the SGS3. If your children are all having a signal problem with the iPhone, perhaps it's not the iPhone but the network the iPhone is communicating on?

2 iPhones in this house, both 4's and not 4S, neither having issues.

It does happen.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    09-12-12 01:30 AM
    iphone5 looks dead in the water already.
    You and I know this isn't true, we both know you haven't seen anything of the yet-to-be-announced iPhone 5, we both know the new iPhone will outsell every other phone out there with ease...

So, were you trolling with this? Even if you LOATHE and DETEST Apple with a passion, i'd question the sanity of anyone who thinks an iPhone is DOA.

Look, unlike you I can predict the future to some extent. For example, I know Apple will not put more than 1GB RAM in their new iPhone...so there'll be Android fanboys that'll call the iPhone 'outdated'. I predict the hardcore BB supporters on Crackberry will call it 'more of the same'. I predict that searching the comments section on Engadget and Crackberry will turn up more than 100 instances of the word 'iSheep'. but i doubt i'll hear the word 'DOA' from anyone else.
    09-12-12 07:20 AM
    It does not matter what Apple put into the new Iphone because people will buy it anyway. The quality and the eco system is great and at the moment BBs are behind but not very outdated. Personally I am very happy with my BB. And I do not care what people saying about it and I understand everyones opinion if they like other platforms. Should not be a problem for anyone. Sure Apple will sell a few Iphones on the first day without making the phone a quad core beast with nvidia and 6GB ram etc... Somehow they know how to roll! :-)
    09-12-12 11:43 AM
    one of the main ways they roll is they market like crazy. I'm still seeing commercials for the iphone 4s about every 30 minutes in prime time. its rare to see bb commercials. hmmm.... i see a pattern here.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    09-13-12 05:33 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD