Hello everyone,

I would like to share something about my experiences. 2 years ago I bought my new white 9800 torch that was the time when I first got a Blackberry. I used it for about a year then I moved to a new 9810 because I wanted the better performance and I liked the updated icons. After another nice year with my loved 9810 i am used to Blackberry now and i honestly say that I fell in love with the brand. The build quality the logo on the back and just about everything I love in my BB. But about a month ago I was offered a very good deal my friend wanted to get rid of his 3 weeks old Iphone 4s for a very very cheap price. Dirt cheap. I decided to go for it because before the BB I had an Iphone 3g which was basically one of my favourite phones. So I bought the 4s and let my BB sleep in my drawer for 1 month to give a chance to the Iphone. Well, after this trial period I can tell I am absolutely happy and satisfied with my 9810 and I am going to sell my Iphone because I am into BB now. I mean the build quality of the Iphone the looks and feel really 5star I think no argue but then there is problem with the antenna which is very annoying and there is no UMA to help and using Itunes for anything is just there to make the life more complicated. I thought the millions of apps I am going to download will be useful but since I got the Iphone I downloaded Skype and that is it. I realized I do not need anything I am not playing games not even angry birds and I can open every website on the phones browser. I could make this story much longer but it is too long already. I ordered a replacement sim for my Torch and when I explained the situation to the CSR he could not believe it i want to leave the Iphone feeling. But yes I would like to leave it. And looking forward to BB10 with SKYPE!!! Because I am one who actually use it very often. I have a playbook too but that is another story, do not like its browser, too slow and the whole thing is very slow. Hope BB10 will make it much better but I probably buy a Nexus tablet for that price and Sonos app and of course for Skype. I think i should stop my story now otherwise I will be kicked out quickly from Crackberry. :-) Thanks for reading my First post

All the best
    09-09-12 09:10 AM
    I've seen posts way longer than that. Welcome to the forums.
    09-09-12 10:03 AM
    @RIMFAIL why are you posting, BGR not have any "Exclusives" to report?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-09-12 10:17 AM
    almost like me.....kept iPhone 4s for 3 months before switching back to Blackberry
    G-SRT4 likes this.
    09-09-12 10:20 AM
    Me personally I use a tracfone as my daily driver. I rather not own a smartphone at this point in time. But I will say I know a lot about the operating systems, none intrigue me.
    09-09-12 10:29 AM
    @RIMFAIL needs a life unless daddy geller kicked him out.
    09-09-12 10:30 AM
    Compared the Iphone to a BB simply because as you read it I had a BB and then bought the Iphone. I like them because they are unique. Not like the androids or windows phones they look the same to me. Otherwise I hope when the first BB10 phone comes out it will be built like an IPhone. And sorry but I will recommend BB to anyone over the Iphone. To anyone who wants a phone with useful interface quality and UMA etc. Anybody wants a TOY get the Iphone. And thanks for the greetings
    09-09-12 10:32 AM
    Compared the Iphone to a BB simply because as you read it I had a BB and then bought the Iphone. I like them because they are unique. Not like the androids or windows phones they look the same to me. Otherwise I hope when the first BB10 phone comes out it will be built like an IPhone. And sorry but I will recommend BB to anyone over the Iphone. To anyone who wants a phone with useful interface quality and UMA etc. Anybody wants a TOY get the Iphone. And thanks for the greetings
    Not taking a shot at RIM but umm... The iphone has more business friendly apps than the business friendly BlackBerry. The toy iphone has more and better productivity apps than the productive BlackBerry does. I do agree BlackBerry devices are uniquely built, To say an iphone is a "toy" when its beating a BlackBerry a business phone in areas it should be dominating is a serious understatement.
    09-09-12 10:40 AM
    Not taking a shot at RIM but umm... The iphone has more business friendly apps than the business friendly BlackBerry. The toy iphone has more and better productivity apps than the productive BlackBerry does. I do agree BlackBerry devices are uniquely built, To say an iphone is a "toy" when its beating a BlackBerry a business phone in areas it should be dominating is a serious understatement.
    I've been wondering what are these productivity apps that are better than the core BlackBerry software (formidable email, calendar, travel, traffic, notes, messaging). Could you name a few?

The only ones I can think of are Skype for videoconferencing, Webex, and maybe a couple of mind-mapping apps.
    09-09-12 10:47 AM
    I wasn't speaking on blackberry core apps...But if you want to touch that subject we can do that. The only thing BlackBerry have on ios is email,integration (barely) and the amazing Infastructure of bbm everything is neck and neck. By the way I was speaking on productivity/business apps.
    09-09-12 10:57 AM
    I wish the mods made good on the threat to time out people who call them itoys. Enough already, it's patently untrue and flamebaiting

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    09-09-12 10:58 AM
    I did not want to hurt anybody I was very satisfied with my Iphone 3g. But after using a BB i do not want the Iphone again. So sorry about my opinion. For my needs my 9810 is brilliant. Until BB10! and then everything will change!
    09-09-12 11:38 AM
    I wish the mods made good on the threat to time out people who call them itoys. Enough already, it's patently untrue and flamebaiting

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    I find it hilarious when people refer to them as toys considering bb is getting smoked by android/ios when it comes to business/productivity apps...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-09-12 11:41 AM
    I called them TOY because many people think "wow i can download millions of games and useless apps wow" i want this! does not matter they will use only 5-6 applications in reality. I know BB is way behind Android or iOS because of their fancy apps but it is going to be a new game from BB10 and their system is still good I think. If I would buy another phone instead of a Blackberry I would buy an Iphone coz that looks very nice, looks different if anybody understands that what i try to say, and i do not like the android everywhere thing and also they look too similar to me.
    09-09-12 12:41 PM
    I was at a waterpark resort with a buddy and his iphone couldn't find the hotels' wifi. My old 9800 os6 found it and a dozen other connections. Later, we were looking for booze so we both opened our LCBO on the go apps and mine got me to a store down the street while his led him to another town. If there was a hidden camera it would have made the perfect BB commercial.
    G-SRT4, axeman1000 and bb624 like this.
    09-09-12 12:49 PM
    I find it hilarious when people refer to them as toys considering bb is getting smoked by android/ios when it comes to business/productivity apps...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly, people on crackberry always use the term "itoy" "iphone is a toy" but don't want anyone to come here and talk bad about RIM. RHCE made a valid statement even though it sounded like he was trashing RIM, its true and he was banned wow this makes a person not want to join the discussions on here because you're not entitled to say how you feel about a certain product.
    09-09-12 12:56 PM
    I love my 9900 and my droid but this made to much sense. To bad you were banned.
    09-09-12 12:58 PM
    I called them TOY because many people think "wow i can download millions of games and useless apps wow" i want this! does not matter they will use only 5-6 applications in reality. I know BB is way behind Android or iOS because of their fancy apps but it is going to be a new game from BB10 and their system is still good I think. If I would buy another phone instead of a Blackberry I would buy an Iphone coz that looks very nice, looks different if anybody understands that what i try to say, and i do not like the android everywhere thing and also they look too similar to me.
    I get what you're saying but everyone is different. We all need something to meet our needs.
    G-SRT4 likes this.
    09-09-12 01:01 PM
    I get what you're saying but everyone is different. We all need something to meet our needs.
    That is right! Everyone is different. No problem if someone likes this or that. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Peace! the only thing I wanted is just to share my experiences with people here and not fighting with anyone!
    09-09-12 01:05 PM
    I think the problems have arisen between iphone and bb because of the unjustifiable negativity that surrounds blackberry at the moment.

Media and the markets combined, have unfairly punished rim, and disregarded their efforts at every level. Ignoring their achievements both past and present, and kicking them while their down. Iphone on the other hand has received the exact opposite of this.

I'm an iphone user and have been since the launch. I have witnessed this bias, that in my opinion, has brought unnecessary attention to a company, it's employees and it's shareholders. Costing people their livelihoods in some instances and destroying a brand.

People are not stupid. They don't react for no reason at all. They intuitively feel, or see something they know is wrong.

I am waiting for bb10.
    kemj likes this.
    09-09-12 01:53 PM
    People are not stupid.
    See i disagree. People that choose not to educate themselves before they run their mouths are most decidedly "stupid". That's the problem internet media and even some of people posting in forums by extension.

just my opinion though......
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    09-09-12 02:10 PM
    I've used iTune for my sister's iPod and I really didn't like the darn thing. I find it annoying that everything has to go through that one software in order to get the file transferred over. With my Sony Walkman and BB, I simply drag a file and drop it into the device's folder and, voila, file transfered and ready to go.
    09-09-12 02:39 PM
    I tunes Is about the worst device management tool ever! I guess i need apple goggles to see what the Ifanboys do.
    09-09-12 02:48 PM
    It's time people of CrackBerry educate themselves, you no longer need iTunes to transfer music to your iPhone or iPod touch. You can use cloud music services like Amazon and Google music. You can use their apps to either stream or download to the device.
    09-09-12 03:51 PM
    It's time people of CrackBerry educate themselves, you no longer need iTunes to transfer music to your iPhone or iPod touch. You can use cloud music services like Amazon and Google music. You can use their apps to either stream or download to the device.

Ah,,, Yeah but you can't just drag-n-drop them. You have to use "A Program".
    09-09-12 04:14 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD