Anyone know if insurance is offered in Canada for our phones ???

If so, where do you get it because I didn't know that it exsisted ???

Thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 09:19 PM
    I would assume that it is covered under your home insurance?
    01-27-09 09:36 PM
    Not quite sure, I know Rogers offered it years ago, but not any more. I'm also interested in this considering I always end up losing or breaking my phones.
    01-27-09 09:41 PM
    When I picked up my Storm on Friday the Bell store offered it to me for seven dollars a month. Stop by your local Bell store and see what they say.
    01-27-09 11:25 PM
    When I picked up my Storm on Friday the Bell store offered it to me for seven dollars a month. Stop by your local Bell store and see what they say.
    If you do stop by a Bell store let us know, I'd be the first I heard of phone insurance up here, but good news if Canadian carriers are starting to offer that option. Make sure it's actual insurance though, and not some form of extended warranty.

I would assume that it is covered under your home insurance?
    Yes it would be, but with most deductibles being at least $500, it wouldn't be worth it to make a claim for a $650 Blackberry.
    01-28-09 01:01 AM
    Sorry for the delay folks.

I did contact Bell about the insurance for the BB. It recently became available in Canada as mentioned by SledDog.

Now here is how it works (as explained to me). After you purchase your phone you have 30 days to obtain the insurance. After this time period you are no longer eligible for this coverage.

The insurance is through a 3 party company, but the Bell agent didn't have the name readably available.

Hope this helps.
    01-31-09 02:55 PM
    HOpe you guys know that the 1 year bonus insurance from your credit card if you bought your phones on it is pretty sweet. I've replaced 2 phones thsi way already.
    02-25-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD