Hello, i've just bought a Blackview 9900 Pro on Android 10, really awesome phones, and to make it look and feel like a BlackBerry, i installed the suite (and paid).
    The problem i have, even after having formated the phone, is that the Inbox is going to freeze in the background.
    I gave all possible rights to Blackberry services, but after a while, they get stuck in the background, although "battery optimization" is not checked.
    Sometimes, not always, it is fixed by a reboot, sometimes, it is fixed when i disable then enable account sync.
    There doesn't seem to be a real fix.

It would be heartbreaking to have to use another solution, really.
    You cannot "format the phone". It's not a disk you can connect directly to a machine to "format". If you meant factory reset, it is less confusing.

If you restored the junk files from the backup Google made, that is likely causing the problems again.

Could be the manufacturer of the device intentionally causing problems with software suites and third-party e-mail clients.
    09-28-20 02:39 PM
    Yes, it was the android 10 update manually installed after a factory reset.
    Like on my Key2 I have shut down all Google services but Play.
    Could be an issue on the manufacturer side, for this update is official but was later dimmed "unstable ' by the company.
    What makes me suspicious is that it was the same on Android 9, and i had also some freeze troubles on my key 2 since June with the Hub.

This is a Chinese maker, I believe everything is vanilla android, except some tools to make use of additional sensors.
    09-28-20 05:41 PM
    I have the same issue, with BB services also Signal and Textra.

All frozen in the background.
    In spite of unchecking battery optimisation.

I have a Blackview 9900 Pro.
    On their forum, an engineer advised to check in settings in the search bar for an hidden app

Duraspeed

I haven't been able to understand exactly what it is,I except the apk can be found and it is made by Mediatek

Phone makers do mess with android vanilla battery optimisation, so not app makers I believe?
    Attached Thumbnails BB hub+ Inbox not working on Andriod 10, need alternative app.-2966.jpg  
    10-09-20 03:43 PM
    Picture of the app when found manually with a search in settings
    Attached Thumbnails BB hub+ Inbox not working on Andriod 10, need alternative app.-2967.jpg  
    10-09-20 03:48 PM
    yeah shut duraspeed completely off
    10-09-20 04:14 PM
    I had to turn it on, in order to recover full BB services in the background with some other apps.

The description of the app says something like
    '' IA speed apps launcher, foresees which app you are going to launch in order to launch it faster
    Enable it to allow background app''

I mean this is ridiculous, phone makers can totally mess battery optimisations and make this feature so meaningless that we would need another app to restore the feature?
    10-09-20 05:46 PM
    Its. $2.00 a month
    I pay CHF 1.00/month

And on Sony Android 10 works super.
    Rico4you likes this.
    10-14-20 01:05 PM
    I'll resurrect this old thread. I'm using Hub on Android 10, paid version. I can no longer choose which email folders to sync. On BB10 and BB Android I could select folders in addition to Inbox and Sent to sync with Hub on my phones. This functionality is now gone.

Does Cobalt's BB Manager have folder sync or do I have to give up Hub and switch to Outlook?
    01-10-21 12:01 AM
    I think colbalt's hub is not really different than the hub that is available on google app store.

I am pretty sure hub still works for me for folder sync.
    01-10-21 08:07 AM
    I think colbalt's hub is not really different than the hub that is available on google app store.

I am pretty sure hub still works for me for folder sync.
    It's not.

And it's working on my S9 with Android 10.
    01-10-21 09:11 PM
    It's not.

And it's working on my S9 with Android 10.
    BlackBerry HUB suite paid from Playstore working perfectly on my Samsung TAB S5e with Android 10. No issues whatsoever.

Yes does have Email folder sync settings where you select which folders you want to sync.

Worth paying for it.
    01-11-21 02:03 AM
    yeah works fine on my titan and essential running 10 and my pixel running 11
    01-11-21 06:28 AM
    Thanks everyone. Either I had missed the folder sync setting, or it didn't exist in the initial 30 day trial version of the Hub. Now that I'm paying for it, I found it and all is good again.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-12-21 01:23 PM
    Thanks everyone. Either I had missed the folder sync setting, or it didn't exist in the initial 30 day trial version of the Hub. Now that I'm paying for it, I found it and all is good again.
    Paying has its privileges! For me the HUB is key in daily productivity.
    Paulelmar18 and bh7171 like this.
    01-12-21 01:27 PM
    Paying has its privileges! For me the HUB is key in daily productivity.
    I had to finally drop it because it was becoming hopelessly outdated. Apart from satisfying a few new Google requirements, the HUB+ Suite was essentially abandoned two years ago while other solutions kept innovating.
    01-12-21 01:43 PM
    I had to finally drop it because it was becoming hopelessly outdated. Apart from satisfying a few new Google requirements, the HUB was essentially abandoned two years ago while other solutions kept innovating.
    Well HUB received last update in Nov 2020.

Hopelessly outdated? How is that it works perfectly. What other app that offers exactly the same features as the HUB does?
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-12-21 01:46 PM

Hopelessly outdated? How is that it works perfectly. What other app that offers exactly the same features as the HUB does?
    The two updates over the last 20 months were not feature updates.

Notifications from other apps are pretty much useless now because of the new Google requirements for limiting the sharing of information between apps.

As far as an email client is concerned, it's still decent, but continues to have a long list of bugs and deficiencies that have never been addressed.

If you've tried Nine or Aqua lately (or even Outlook and Gmail) you'll see what I mean by innovation.
    Last edited by conite; 01-12-21 at 02:12 PM.
    01-12-21 02:00 PM

How about the fact that it abandoned iOS before it even was introduced although iOS users are bigger spenders than Android users according to reams of industry data. I’m sure it was iOS tighter controls at time but now that Android is progressively doing the same, I dropped my subscription when I switched from V30 to Pixel 3a last year.

The biggest problem is that features are slowly disappearing through a variety of outside forces that’s not even BlackBerry’s fault. The hub on my PRIV and DTEK were far more necessary but also did more in the 2015/2016 competitive landscape. Pick up a BBOS or BB10 device and see what is missing from the old days. Then realize, our usage patterns have evolved over the years. For me, BBAndroid was really what I remembered BBOS as plus what BB10 was expected to be. As it lost functionality, it became a three wheeler ATV when everyone decided 2 wheel dirt bikes or 4 wheel ATV better and safer choice.
    01-12-21 02:08 PM
    The two updates over the last 20 months were not feature updates.

Notifications from other apps is pretty much useless now because of the new Google requirements for sharing information between apps.

As far as an email client is concerned, it's still decent, but continues to have a long list of bugs and deficiencies that have never been addressed.

If you've tried Nine or Aqua lately (or even Outlook and Gmail) you'll see what I mean by innovation.
    I use my HUB with 10 email acts, social media, dm, text and calls. All working perfectly. Very clear how laid out. Have gmail accounts but don't like whatsoever how organized.

Gmail can't even organize my call logs? Is that innovation.

Hopefully HUB suite will continue with OM next device.
    Paulelmar18 and bh7171 like this.
    01-12-21 02:20 PM
    I use my HUB with 10 email acts, social media, dm, text and calls. All working perfectly. Very clear how laid out. Have gmail accounts but don't like whatsoever how organized.

Gmail can't even organize my call logs? Is that innovation.

Hopefully HUB suite will continue with OM next device.
    Call logs in the HUB have been cut off at the knees by the new Google rules. Nothing logs better than the Google phone app.

Have you tried Nine or Aqua?
    01-12-21 02:23 PM
    Call logs in the HUB have been cut off at the knees by the new Google rules. Nothing logs better than the Google phone app.

Have you tried Nine?
    Calls logs cut off? I just received a call that could not respond and I checked BlackBerry HUB to see who it was! Can I do this with Gmail? The answer is NO.

So yes I prefer HUB because it's straightforward and so well organized. Full productivity.

No need to tried Nine since using HUB. Nine is just an email app..while Integrates all in 1 HUB. Can I get LinkenIN notifications on nine? The answer is NO.

So will stick with HUB.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-12-21 02:44 PM
    Calls logs cut off? I just received a call that could not respond and I checked BlackBerry HUB to see who it was! Can I do this with Gmail? The answer is NO.

So yes I prefer HUB because it's straightforward and so well organized. Full productivity.

No need to tried Nine since using HUB. Nine is just an email app..while Integrates all in 1 HUB. Can I get LinkenIN notifications on nine? The answer is NO.

So will stick with HUB.
    But you already get notifications from other apps in the tray.

And don't you remember the Google enforced changes with respect to call logs and SMS? They totally messed up the HUB for those 2 things.

I'm just saying you should try Nine to see how far behind the HUB is for email. What's the harm?
    01-12-21 02:55 PM
    But you already get notifications from other apps in the tray.

And don't you remember the Google enforced changes with respect to call logs and SMS? They totally messed up the HUB for those 2 things.

I'm just saying you should try Nine to see how far behind the HUB is for email. What's the harm?
    The tray is that a TRAY. But I need an organized TRAY that I can access at any point organized Notifications from my different Data sources. This is HUB for me.
    Also with NINE will miss LinkedIN notifications. Which I use daily. For me will be 1 step backwards.

BTW call logs are working fine in HUB..messed up? Don't see where.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-12-21 03:03 PM
    The tray is that a TRAY. But I need an organized TRAY that I can access at any point organized Notifications from my different Data sources. This is HUB for me.
    Also with NINE will miss LinkedIN notifications. Which I use daily. For me will be 1 step backwards.

BTW call logs are working fine in HUB..messed up? Don't see where.
    That's all fine and dandy.

I'm just suggesting you try it for fun to see what you're missing with regards to email.
    01-12-21 03:13 PM
    That's all fine and dandy.

I'm just suggesting you try it for fun to see what you're missing with regards to email.
    You mentioned Google messed up Call logs in HUB?

How exactly? I see the all my call logs without needing to open dialer app.
    01-12-21 03:16 PM
79 1234