I posted this in the Priv subforum but it might benefit from wider distribution since it might apply to other BB phones.

Someone just mentioned that BB no longer offers the 24 hour support for the BB Priv.

I called the US number

(Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    0800-141-3330 (UK))

And that is what it said - they ended 'complimentary support'. I did not stay on the line to see what else they offered. Well, I called back but to proceed I would have to enter my IMEI number and then I dropped the call!

I do wonder if the original offer of such support was part of their contract of sale and whether they can just suspend it that easily.

Well, it joins the other Rim/BB promises of BB10 for the Playbook as well as others.

What a SCHLOCKY company!

It was suggested that it might still apply to those who purchased before it was revoked but I don't know when they terminated the program.
    Carl Estes and IndianTiwari like this.
    01-10-17 02:34 PM
    Yeppurz, unfortunatly, that's about all we are going to get from BB from now on. Might as well buy an Android device, stick on the BB logo and be done with it.
    That's what they're doing now.
    FF22 and valer466 like this.
    01-10-17 02:45 PM
    Wow! Thats horrible. I hope they know what they are doing.
    01-10-17 04:24 PM
    But just so folks don't think I was imagining their Twitter postings (and, NO, I did not photoshop it!!!!!!). Dec 23, 2016. Oh, and it says: "Give us a call" and NOT your carrier a call!

BB has suspended free/complimentary support for Priv!!!  What the (fill in the blank)!-bb-support.jpg
    01-10-17 06:56 PM
    Well they need the money. You can still get the support you just need to be an enterprise or subscribed user. It's sad but necessary, no one left to man anything for "free ".

Android BlackBerry
    01-10-17 09:18 PM
    Well I bought it in december 20 via Amazon, The unlocked GSM internacional version (no carrier), but considering that I live in Venezuela, The support was going to be useless anyways

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 09:33 PM
    The support was complimentary for a one-year period after official launch in early November 2015. BlackBerry did not pull a fast one one anybody.
    01-10-17 10:06 PM
    Not worth buying any BlackBerry phone whatsoever and from whoever build it for them.
    Not to be trusted anymore
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-10-17 10:46 PM
    My understanding was that users received one year of complimentary support from the day they purchased the device not from the day the device launched. Lol @ BlackBerry. What a company.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 11:44 PM
    The support was complimentary for a one-year period after official launch in early November 2015. BlackBerry did not pull a fast one one anybody.
    Read the text in the Twitter posting which was published on Dec 23 2016. I believe that was less than a month ago.
    01-11-17 12:28 AM
    I wonder how many people actually called for support. I suspect it was very few. There is so much advice available online, in numerous forums, and the phone itself is pretty straightforward to figure out. So why spend the $$$?

Imagine how you would feel working a night shift in a call centre where you get two or three calls in an 8-hour shift. My definition of living hell.
    01-11-17 09:17 AM
    Right from the start, did you not notice the smallprint - it said 'BlackBerry can withdraw complimentary support at any time without notice'. I lol'd at it at the time.

Nobody can trust Chairman Chen. We must simply obey Him, because is the Saviour of BlackBerry.
    01-11-17 09:27 AM
    Right from the start, did you not notice the smallprint - it said 'BlackBerry can withdraw complimentary support at any time without notice'. I lol'd at it at the time.

Nobody can trust Chairman Chen. We must simply obey Him, because is the Saviour of BlackBerry.
    The very tiny letters that no one reads heh

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 10:45 AM
    They can't even address cross platform video support with their own product! Do they even hear or listen to their customer base...those who have not crossed over to Android and have working phones?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 04:15 PM
    They can't even address cross platform video support with their own product! Do they even hear or listen to their customer base...those who have not crossed over to Android and have working phones?

Posted via CB10
    It's coming......soon.

Android BlackBerry
    01-11-17 06:16 PM
    From what I understand is that BlackBerry was offering 12 months free tech support on the Priv at their own cost. This was done in house as part of their warranty, service and tech support employee base.

When they announced in the fall they were getting out of in house device development they talked about layoffs of a few hundred people. I suspect the warranty, direct sales, tech support and carrier relations people were part of that layoff.

With the agreement with TCL, they have pushed out the responsibility of sales, inventory management, production and sales/ service onto TCL as part of the agreement. BlackBerry just gets a small cut of the phone sale for the new Mercury etc. Everything else has been outsourced for cost management.

When I used to call BlackBerry tech support it was in Waterloo, Ontario. A recent call was to an Asian pacific country as the rep wasn't able to confirm where he was located. It's sad but the dollar goes a little further there than other countries.

The dumbest part for all this is that BlackBerry is still tweeting about this on their own page. It looks like amature hour when they send out a Tweet in December of 2016 saying "Hey, call us for free Priv support" when they have killed that division.

If anybody here has twitter and can ask BlackBerry help what the options are?? They will reply with a direct message but since I don't use Twitter, I can't. I think the community will really appreciate if we know where we can call for tech support or what other options. Other users on @blackberryhelp are getting DM's with info.

Sorry about the long post!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 06:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Using your logic, people on BBOS should still be getting updates too. Because hey, the phones still work.

My 2007 Nissan still runs. I should get brand new parts when mine wear out, and my car should be updated to 2017 safety and performance standards. Car still works, right?

And I should DEMAND that Microsoft upgrade my better half's Vista laptop to Windows 10 on their own dime. Laptop still works.

I could do this all day. And each example shows how silly it is that everyone expects so much from a dead phone OS just because "the phone still works."

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    01-12-17 05:31 AM
    Welcome Priv to the world of OS10 devices!
    MUHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

It's cold and lonely here....

That's were all 'real' BlackBerry engineered devices end!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 07:08 AM