Hey Folks,

Last week my blackberry curve 8900 got soaked in water!! i dried it, put it in rice, and waited for it to recover and now it turns on and just seems all fine and jolly (recieves phone calls, texts, etc) except for the fact that none of the buttons work :s so I can't answer, reply or basically do anything with it.

Whenever i connect it to my laptop, it recognizes it (i have a password on it so it asks me to enter it) and i could add and remove apps but i can't back up my info onto my PC. When i click on the backup button two things happen-
    1) the transfer pop up box comes up but nothing gets transfered and
    2) my phone beeps asking me to 'enter password' :s
    since the buttons aren't working, my bb isn't responding and nothing is getting transfered so i'm sorta stuck!
    I've tried doing a Batt-Pull Reboot a few times to see if that makes a difference but no luck.

So PLEASE HELP!!!
    I'd truely appreciate it if anyone could help me...
    1) bypass my password so i could at least backup my info onto my PC
    2) fix my buttons and make em work again

Any tips or suggestions about what i could do to it or where i could send it to get it fixed would truely be appreciated!

Thnx,
    o
    02-18-10 06:00 AM
    Hey Folks,

Last week my blackberry curve 8900 got soaked in water!! i dried it, put it in rice, and waited for it to recover and now it turns on and just seems all fine and jolly (recieves phone calls, texts, etc) except for the fact that none of the buttons work :s so I can't answer, reply or basically do anything with it.

Whenever i connect it to my laptop, it recognizes it (i have a password on it so it asks me to enter it) and i could add and remove apps but i can't back up my info onto my PC. When i click on the backup button two things happen-
    1) the transfer pop up box comes up but nothing gets transfered and
    2) my phone beeps asking me to 'enter password' :s
    since the buttons aren't working, my bb isn't responding and nothing is getting transfered so i'm sorta stuck!
    I've tried doing a Batt-Pull Reboot a few times to see if that makes a difference but no luck.

So PLEASE HELP!!!
    I'd truely appreciate it if anyone could help me...
    1) bypass my password so i could at least backup my info onto my PC
    2) fix my buttons and make em work again

Any tips or suggestions about what i could do to it or where i could send it to get it fixed would truely be appreciated!

Thnx,
    o
    This is why once a week if Iadd stuff to my phone I back it up. My last phone got wet due to my son slobbering on it and it was all down hill from there.

Hope someone can help you out!!!
    02-18-10 06:10 AM
    Your keyboard may be fried...You might need to take it into the store to have it checked out.
    02-18-10 10:42 AM
    I think you're looking at a getting a new phone. If you've got no backup, I'd guess your data is lost.
    02-18-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD