I'm looking for a GSM blackberry for someone(parent) that wont be using apps or internet. I was originally thinking of getting a "dumb" phone but I want a phone with a full keyboard for easier typing.

I was thinking curve......but there are so many.
    Any recommendations? (Any model, not just curve) Also, if they're not using apps that should prevent the ticking clock of doom right?
    11-06-12 02:09 PM
    Will you be buying out right if so what is your spending limit.
    11-06-12 02:18 PM
    What carrier does the person have? AT&T will not allow any smartphones on its network without the appropriate data plan.
    11-06-12 02:21 PM
    I was thinking Telna Mobile, Tmobile, or another MNVO, something prepaid. So, yes I'll be buying it outright.

I would like to stay under $100.
    11-06-12 02:34 PM
    Boost Mobile Curve 9310. It's a 7.1 device, and from the videos I have seen it's fast as well. 806MHz CPU and 512MB of RAM. Right now it's only $79.99. The plan is $45 a month for BBM unlimited. That plan doesn't include any mobile data though other then for BBM, only wifi for anything else. It does however have unlimited minutes, text and BBM. Now the cool thing with Boost is that they have shrinkage with their plans, so every 6 months of on time payments, they shrink the price by $5, with the minimum being $30 for this plan. Also, Boost is prepaid, operating on Sprint's network, which isn't GSM, but isn't bad either. Do you have any particular reason to go GSM?
    SassyD likes this.
    11-06-12 02:39 PM
    Boost Mobile Curve 9310. It's a 7.1 device, and from the videos I have seen it's fast as well. 806MHz CPU and 512MB of RAM. Right now it's only $79.99. The plan is $45 a month for BBM unlimited. That plan doesn't include any mobile data though other then for BBM, only wifi for anything else. It does however have unlimited minutes, text and BBM. Now the cool thing with Boost is that they have shrinkage with their plans, so every 6 months of on time payments, they shrink the price by $5, with the minimum being $30 for this plan. Also, Boost is prepaid, operating on Sprint's network, which isn't GSM, but isn't bad either. Do you have any particular reason to go GSM?
    For the moment that plan might be too much. This is someone who still has a landline so the cell phone will be more of an emergency type use. GSM because Spot Mobile and Telno Mobile have the best expiration/low increment buying option.

The Curve series seems like a phone that can grow with him if his use increases and I remember my first curve fondly. I just got a little lost in all the models.
    11-06-12 03:27 PM