Ok my Pearl has been giving me issues as of late I've been tryin to hold out for the 9630 but dunno if I can. So should I hold out for the 9630, get a curve, or get a storm since a lot of the bugs seems to have been cleared up. Oh by the way I have Verizon if you couldn't tell so any input is greatful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 11:05 PM
    My advice is to look at phones that are already out, I am not a fan of jumping on new devices of any kind, just my personal thing. Anyhow go to the stores that carry the devices and play with them. I wanted a Storm as my first berry until I went to the store and messed with it 5 minutes - I was over it that fast.

Mess around with them once you do this it will become clear which one is for you. No one can give you advice on this I think.... I like the curve alot it is a great phone for me but it might not be for you. Alternatively you being a blackberry owner know the differences in certain aspects of the phone so you can compare the devices spec wise at blackberry.com under devices - compare devices...

Good luck
    04-01-09 11:22 PM
    Wow, sorry to hear about your berry. If I were you I would try and wait for the 9630. They are saying sometime in May for a release. I say try it, remember you get 30 days to try the phone, and if you don't like it, go with the Curve. I say that because the same thing tremortality says. The Niagra will be a new phone. Who knows, could be good at release, could be bad. So why not at least try it.
    04-01-09 11:23 PM
    Ok my Pearl has been giving me issues as of late ...
    What kind of issues?
    04-01-09 11:24 PM
    i would certainly play with the storm before trying it since the touchscreen setup is not for everyone. it is an amazing devicei had one for a while but i needed a physical keyboard i have always been anti touchscreen but the storm was a great device. so i returned it for a curve 8330 and love it! it is the perfect phone for me! i have never been happier with a phone! i am anxiously waiting for the 9630 and will be picking it up when it comes out and if it is a flop ill still have my curve. i would say go to a local vzw retailer play with the curve and storm if they do not immediately grab you try to wait for the 9630
    04-02-09 12:53 AM
    I would wait for the 9630 and try it out when it's released into stores, but who knows when that's gonna be for sure. You have to be careful with the Storm. It's a lot different than the curve and pearl. I really like the storm but I do prefer the qwerty keyboard on the curve.
    04-02-09 12:57 AM
    Just genreral its getting old issues. Lags are getting worst and quicker in between fixes, trackball issues with scrolling etc....

04-02-09 09:55 AM
    My girlfriend had the same issues with her pearl, and a couple random reboots, etc ... after the second replacement hardware, I gave her my old Curve and she loves it ... Good luck
    04-02-09 09:58 AM
    Ok my Pearl has been giving me issues as of late I've been tryin to hold out for the 9630 but dunno if I can. So should I hold out for the 9630, get a curve, or get a storm since a lot of the bugs seems to have been cleared up. Oh by the way I have Verizon if you couldn't tell so any input is greatful.

What do you use the phone for? IMO the Storm is great for entertainment and personal use but if speedy emails are what you need it for a physical keyboard is probably needed ... although the storm keyboard isn't too bad especially now with the updates. Jumping on brand new devices is always risky but the storm has been out for a bit now and verizon I'm sure is close to an official release. Touch screen can potentially have more problems go wrong but it can also give you more flexibility and I personally love the big screen.
    04-02-09 10:01 AM
    you will like the 8900 thats for sure
    04-02-09 10:02 AM
    I use my pearl for mostly txt, web browsing, and apps so yea I guess entertainment and personal use. The only I don't like about the Storm is how it goes in to landscape I went from my pearl to a Dare back to my pearl and the main reasons I left my dare were web browsing, appless, and the stupid automatic landscape mode it really worked my nerves at times.

04-02-09 10:20 AM
    ask other peopel with the phones your looking into. play with them is a MUST.
    04-02-09 11:30 AM
    you will like the 8900 thats for sure
    I agree, and if u love to text, you will love the keyboard, along with all the other great features of the 8900!!!
    04-02-09 12:07 PM
    gotta get a BOLD. wicked good phone
    04-02-09 03:40 PM
    the 8900 and bold are great but if you guys noticed hes on verizon and i am assuming that is why he did not ask about those models. go play with them lol specs wise storm will win but it depends what you like the feel of the storm is cool because you can use the suretype in portrait mode and qwerty in landscape although neither are the same as a physical keyboard it is a great phone. and browsing the web with it is great!
    04-02-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD