Welcome to Project Mayhem. You will require 2 BB devices, 2 black BB T-shirts, shave your head, stand on the doorstep of the CrackberryCondo in Toronto untill Kevin lets you in....
    Tired of RIM stock being played and toyed with by the Wall Street and Caymen Island a-holes? They think you are a Muppet? Are you? Banks, big business, government, investors, analysts, media are watching the RIM stock's wild girations, huge short volume, etc. and thinking "this new BB10 phone looks great, but WTF is up with the stock? RIM is working their asses off to build the wolrd's best portable device, and no matter what the Jan 30 launch reveals...these guys are going to look at the 137 million shares shorted and their stupid charts and side with the shorts - the smart money and dream up some excuse to slam BB10.
    Where do they find all these shares to borrow anyway? There's no way that the insiders and the Prems are going to let short sellers borrow their stock, sell it, then try to drive the price to zero. There are probably less than 150 million shares eligable for shorting and over the next 10 days, let's try to do something about it.
    These are your assignments:
    1. Reduce the pools of stock that shorters can borrow from:
    a. Stock that is held in an RRSP (retirement pension plan) can not be loaned out, so transfer stock from your cash account to your RRSP as a contribution. Cost - $0. Risk - 0.
    b. If you are a long term holder, ask your broker for a stock certificate. Cost - $50. Risk - will take a few days to sell.
    c. Put your stock up for sale. I put in a sell order for $25 good till Jan31. Cost - $0. Risk - you have to watch it and raise sell price if it takes off and you get sold out early.

2. RIM - dip into your $3B and pay a dividend. If you could pay $1.00 / share, that would cost you $526M, the shorters have to pay the dividend to the buyers of their stock, that's another $137M. RIM shareholders get $663M and it only costs you $526M! Lots of happy shareholders that would buy more stock and pissed off shorters. Every banker, investment manager, CEO, analyst, and media guy would talk about it for weeks - for free! Hey... RIM did something cool. Fight back against the 1%ers. If I was a CEO thinking of switching to a new phone platform - this would impress me alot more than a seeing the same dopy Windows 8 type ad 500 times. Also: now that there are 663M shares floating around (dilution) who gets to vote at the next AGM? Proxies go out only to 526M shares and it's the new guy who gets to vote - if your shares were loaned out - no voting rights for you. And people say shorting is just the opposite of buying...BS!

3. For all you financial detectives out there... Smart money shorts - Muppets buy and hold. These hedge funds are too smart to be so exposed on shorting RIM. Something fishy is going on. For example - full speculation here: So just why did Apple (when it had $10B cash) set up Braeburn Capital Hedge fund in Reno Nevada? Because in Nevada - no state taxes AND funds do not have to disclose their holdings. You could short Sister Theresa's orphanage and drive it out of existence, and no-one would know it was you. So maybe Braeburn shorted RIM all the way down, bought enough cheap stock to cover their short position, but didn't replace it - they just sat on the stock. The 137M short position looks terrible for RIM - damage is done. If the stock rockets up, it's no big deal because they hold both the short and the stock - zero sum game. They could afford to loose some $$ if they thought they could get rid of RIM. Conspiracy theory? Ya! Did you see Cramer's video on how to kill a company (search Crackberry for Cramer).... but there are 24 ways to short a stock and only one is legit: see attached

Short Selling Strategies

4. Finally, all you BB fans: Think of something you think is really cool about BB10 technology, research it, then go to Best Buy, Future Shop and Walmarts and ask great questions. The nice thing is, you are allowed to speculate and spread a little BS (they do it to us). For example:
    a. Go looking for an HDMI cable because 7Digital music service has 24 bit Flac files (CDs are 16 bit only), you've got 400 songs on your BB and want to do the DAC decoding in your high end pre-amp. (actually true)
    b. RIM licenced EXFAT file storage technology to be able to use multi-Terabite memory chips and get fast file transfer. Can I watch Blue-Ray quality movies throught this HDMI cable, or will I be able to do it wirelessly with 802.11ac WIFI?
    I can think of dozens more...get these sales guys interested - mention the Jan 30 release party. There will be lots of well kept secrets revealed. Can you imagine an hour long demo of Hub, Peek and Flow???? Thor has said 1000 times "The world's best mobile computing platform" - anybody heard any news about this? Is anyone sure what chip is being used? Paratek? (if you do discover something, keep it to yourself - RIM has put huge effort into keep things under wraps until Jan 30.)

5. The final rule in BB Fightclub is that you DO talk about BB Fightclub. RIMs fightin' the 3 evil empires at once - down in the basement - this month - be there - it's going to be great!!

BB Fightclub aka Stand Up
    01-14-13 11:24 PM
    His name is robert paulson!
    01-14-13 11:32 PM
    I want the drugs your on
    01-14-13 11:55 PM
    i want my fit too...
    i felt 'limitless' all over again.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-15-13 12:07 AM
    I want the drugs you are on
    Ditto
    01-15-13 12:11 AM
    interesting..
    01-15-13 12:40 AM
    I'm down for #1c., 2 & 4.

If there was a large enough of a group doing that, results would be nuts..

However, I also won't mind seeing short interest up to 30%... Imagine the runnup when Bb10 report comes out well above expectations....It would be legendary!!
    01-15-13 01:21 AM
    ..............wtf did I just read.
    dentynefire likes this.
    01-15-13 02:00 AM
    I've seen my friend BB fightclub post only very few times, always intriguing though!
    01-15-13 02:15 AM